Chapter 31

Dean's POV

Ten minutes ago she passed out.

Seven, she started talking to herself, mumbling fearful words, full of resentment.

Two, she started moving; kicking, hitting her chair, thrashing her neck.

Now, her eyes flash open.

She flies upwards but I shove her right back down, allowing Cas to finish up the extraction. Her eyes remain wide open, panting and sweating as if she'd just finished a marathon. She looks like hell.

"Jack?"

"Oh my god. Oh my god... What..." She grabs onto my arms and doesn't let go. Her eyes, looking wild and crazed but exhausted at the same time, fly around the room as if searching for something.

They only stop when they go past my shoulder, locking on to something behind me. She sits up once again, and this time I can't hold her down, seeing as she is holding onto my own arms for dear life.

"Dean! Hold her down!" Cas yells at me.

I watch as Cas tries to hold the syringe steady, but to no avail. Jackie is freaking out, staring behind me with her eyes locked on some unseen object. Blood now runs down her neck from where the syringe begins to cut at her skin.

I turn around and look for whatever she's staring at with wide, scared eyes. "Get away from me!" She yells, panicked, over my shoulder.

"Jackie, there's nothing there." I hold her back down with my hands on her shoulders, her hands still grasping my wrists tightly. Behind me, I hear Sam and Bobby come down the stairs, alerted by all the noise.

"Hey, hey," I try to shush her. "Jackie!"

Her tense body all of the sudden loses its strength and I watch as she goes limp, her head falling to her shoulder. Her eyes stop following around the invisible imposer and lock onto mine, her eyelids looking heavy. As she falls back, I catch her head, holding it at an angle so Cas can finish.

"Make it stop," she whispers. She finally closes her eyes and passes out again, drops of tears and sweat the only thing moving on her face.

"What the hell is happening down here?" Bobby's gruff voice sounds out from the doorway, him finally finding his voice. I slowly remove my hands from Jackie's shoulders, still shocked at what had happened.

"I dont know- she just... Cas, you said removing the grace would stop all of this! What was that?"

"I don't know," he says as he finally removes the syringe from her neck. It is now full of the mystical, blue glow of angel grace. Bobby and Sam both enter the panic room again and together we watch as Cas rests his hand on her forehead. "All of the grace has been extracted from her body. I can't sense any more traces of it."

Bobby makes his way to Jackie's side, practically shoving me out of the way. I simply let him and step aside, giving him space. Bobby grabs her hand with one of his own, and with his other, starts wiping the blood off her neck with a towel. Bobby's eyebrows stay narrowed and his mouth remains in a stiff line. Sam and I exchange careful glances.

"This damn better have been worth it," is all he says before pulling up a chair from the side of the room and sitting next to her quietly.

I motion Cas over towards the door and we step outside of the panic room, Sam in tow.

"Is she okay?" Sam asks.

"I don't think anything went wrong-"

I cut Cas off right there. "Cas, what do you mean nothing went wrong. Did you see her?" I whisper yell, careful not to catch Bobby's attention.