Chapter 7

Jackie's POV

The sound I heard walking was not Sam- it was a pair of wendigos.

"Sam!" I yell.

Within two seconds I have my first arrow knocked and am aiming it right at one of the Wendigo's heart. I release the taught string of my bow and let the arrow fly.

It hits right at home in the wendigo's heart, and a loud screech is let out. Injured by both the silver and the arrow injuring its heart, it stops advancing. Dean takes his cue to throw one of the many fire bombs, and we watch as it goes up in flames.

The other wendigo, a few paces off from his friend, sees the danger he has been put in and immediately runs off.

I automatically draw an arrow and shoot at my target's leg. The wendigo falls to the ground, and Sam and Dean rush over to finish the job.

I knock another arrow and analyze my surroundings, searching for any supernatural creatures that may have been drawn to us due to the screeching of the wendigos.

I hear two pair of feet behind me and turn to see Sam and Dean jogging back from killing the second wendigo.
I lower my weapon but still keep it armed.

"Alright, we know this is the place. Let's go kill these SoBs."

Dean nods his head towards the cave entrance and Sam and I follow him as he takes the lead.

For a while we only hear the occasional drip of water off of the cave walls but the eery silence is disturbed once we reach a somewhat open room inside the cave.

The highest pitched screech I have ever heard rips through the air, and I fight back against my reflex to cover my ears, instead raising my bow and pulling back the arrow.

My heart begins to thump at an unspeakable rate, the thrill of the hunt finally catching up to me.

This is what I missed.

I however, did not miss the drop my heart took when I heard the next sound.

"Jackie! Jackie no, please help! Jackie!!" The screams echo off of the walls, seeming to repeat itself.

Over.

And over.

And over.

The brothers look at me at the sound of my name being called out.

No, how do they now me. How do they know my name.

How do they know her.

All of the sudden, the cries for help change, but the ominous echoing of the pleas for help never stops ringing in my ears.

Now, the shouts for help are ones of a female yelling in anger.

"Why'd you leave me? Why'd you leave me to die? This is all your fault!"

From the looks on their faces, I can tell Sam and Dean know who exactly is shouting.

Within seconds, Sam, Dean, and I are locked in combat with what I'd have to guess would be a dozen wendigos. Its hard to tell how many, since we only have light from the flashlights we hold. Where they came from, I'd never know. One moment we were alone, the next, ambushed in a brawl of claws and teeth.

Two wendigos charge Dean and Sam, and they both start shooting silver into them. I, on the other hand, am forced to use hand to hand combat.

A pair of wendigos leaps off of a ledge above me. One lands to my right, the other behind me. As the one behind me flies through the air, I shoot an arrow into it. The one to my right, I take my bow and swing it at its head.