Chapter Four

Nico

I awoke in my chambers, cuddled up against the pillows. My head ached with a passion. I sat up, leaning against the head board I looked around the room, curious if I were alone or not. "You need your rest." Anakins voice said from the balcony.

"How long have I been out?" I asked, ignoring his directions.
I swing my legs over to the side of the bed, standing up with an attempt of balancing myself. I go to take a step forward, but i begin to lose my balance and fall forward. Except the impact of the flooring never came for Anakin was there by my side to catch me.

I stare into his beautiful deep blue eyes. "My hero" I say sarcastically.
"You need your rest Nico" he instructs firmly, pulling me upward to my feet. Still holding onto my shoulders, I look downward at my outfit, noticing that it wasn't my normal attire. For it was a nightgown. "How did I get into these?" I ask, suspiciously eyeing Anakin.

His cheeks flush a bright pink color, making him seem vulnerable like a shy little boy. "I-You didnt look comfortable in the robes and, I just thought- you know-...look it doesn't matter, I'm your husband Nico." He tells me, tripping over his words. "And it isn't like I haven't seen your beautiful body before? Now is it?" He smirks devilishly before sending me a wink that sends pleasing shivers throughout my body.

I smirk up at his dashing features, "I would know" I reply flirtiously, grabbing onto his robe and pulling his body closer against mine. "Don't you think its only fair that you take off your clothes for me?" I whisper into his ear daringly. "Maybe I'll let you unbutton this gown" I add seductively.

He looks tempted, that's for sure. Although, after a few minutes of thinking on the whole situation, I could tell he was going against his hormones. "As much as i want to, I cannot take up that offer Nico. You've just suffered a bit of head trauma" Anakin explains, letting me down easy.

I scowl up at the man "I knew you'd back out" I tease, pushing off of his broad body and moving over to the glass filled of water.

A painful feeling erupts inside my stomach, forcing me to bend over slightly, clutching the forming bump on my tummy. "That reminds me" I groan painfully.

"What is it? What's wrong My love?" Anakin asks concernly, rushing over to me in aid.
"Something wonderful has happened Anakin" I smile happily, regaining my strength as the feeling disbands. I look up into his eyes with a smile on my face. "I'm pregnant" I burst with joy. "We're going to have a baby".

"B-Baby?" He repeats, stuttering slightly shocked.
A feeling of concern falls over my joyous emotions. "That bad huh?" I question.

"Far from it" he says quickly. "That's wonderful news Nico" he grins, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. I bring mine up around his neck, playing with his hair as we stand still in silence, holding each other like the lovers we have turned out to become.

I move out toward the balcony, hugging myself, a smile on my face as I do so. "I've always dreamed of this" I say happily.

"Of what?" Anakin replies curiously, slowly following after me, one step at a time.

"A life full of adventure, a nice husband to protect me and treat me right, who'd always be there when I called" I say, staring off into the great city as it rests at the night. "To have children with the one I love" I add, turning around to face that man now. "Happiness, in which I Now have....with you".

Anakin says nothing, only gazing down at me, a smile on my face. "Are you staring at me?" I ask, a tint of pink traveling up to my cheeks.
"Of course" he grins.

"Why? I'm nothing special" I shake my head, but not daring to leave sight of his eyes.

"You're so beautiful" he sighs kindly.