Chapter 13

Nico

"Why are you doing this?" I asked Declyn as we trudged through the halls quickly. Heading no where in particular.

It had been a week sense the Sith had given the option of being frozen for two decades. I had been asking Declyn the same question over and over again. But never getting a direct answer. I wanted to know why he was going through with the idea and not breaking free from this hell.

He shrugged innocently, stopping to smile kindly down at my small form he pulled us to the side. "I realize now that, it would be best if Padme stay away from me, I'd know she is safe" he explained sweetly.

"But, what about the baby? ...are you sure you want to go through with this Dec?" I tried to pull him out as innocently as I could. Using a nickname in the process.

He nodded curtly, sending warm waves through the atmosphere. "Im sure obiwan allowed you to follow Anakin for a reason, and I shall be there when he returns" he finished quietly.

I nodded in understanding. "You'll be risking everyone you care about. From not ever seeing them again" I mumbled to him. Wanting him to know the consequences for these actions.

At that statement, Declyn's smile only grew more. His hand ran up to my cheek as he looked into my eyes mysteriously. "I wouldn't lose them all"

And with those words, Declyn separated before the tension could build any further. He walked a few steps ahead as I began to trail after him. "Wait-Declyn! What do you mean by tha-" I tried to speak.
Only for a jolt of uncomfortable feeling to serge through my stomach and lower region. Before I knew it I was bend over to the side, my hands and knees planted firmly on the ground as I hurled my guts out.

Vomit coursed from my widely parted lips without any remorse. No sign of stopping. The feeling wasn't mutual to say the least. I hated puking. I've always hated it. I didn't enjoy the unforgiving feeling as it would occur, or even the unfelt rudeness it had in taking my food from its container. And then the smell was something nobody could forgive.

I don't remember what I'd eaten the day before so I couldn't think as to why the color was an unsettling green.

Declyn was back by my side in seconds, holding holding my hair up and rubbing my spine soothingly. There wasn't anyone in the halls but I was sure that someone had already called for cleaning droids by now. "Its alright Nicolette. Let it out" he whispered in a calm tone against my ear.

After minutes of continuous vomiting. And then roughly coughing my lungs out. I was now sat by the filthy substance, my back leant against the cold wall as my throat burned of the stomach acid.

I'd waited patiently for Declyn to fetch a nurse or two while cleaning droids slowly ridded the rotting, chunky liquid. I felt terrible, for my skin was burning up with sweat dripping everywhere it could.

Declyn soon rounded the corner with a nurse trailing not too far behind. She had been the only other women on this ship so far. I was taken back at the sight of her not being a droid.

She knelt by me as Declyn did the sane, holding my tired hand and rubbing tiny circles with the pad of his thumb.

Is watched as the nurse pressed the cold, round metal around my chest, listening intently with a look of concern on her face.

She instructed me to lean forward. As I did so, she pressed the metal against my back, calmly. After a few minutes I was leant back to the wall, her hand pressed softly against my forehead.

"For the fact you are sweating, I was one to think you have a fever, but luckily you do not" she smiled humorously, standing go her feet calmly as could be. "I would like to take you back to the infirmary. Ask a few questions, maybe it was just something you ate" She explained, holding her hand out to me.