Chapter Eight

Nico

Most of us were seated sound the Council room. Some of us weren't here, it was only Ki-Andi-Mundi, Aayla Secura and Yoda who was all a hologram. Mace Windu, Anakin and I were all here in person.

"Master Kenobi has made contact with Grevious" Aayla Secura says.

"Make this notice to the Chancellor" Mace commands, staring at Anakin. "His reaction will give us a clue to his intentions" he adds

Anakin nods, "yes master", before giving me a 'stay here' look just as he leaves his seat and is out the door.

I was growing angry, sense I wanted to go with him the next time he went to see the chancellor. And I couldn't. All I'd planned to do was chew him up and then spit him back out, yell at him for what non sensible fantasies he'd put in my Anakins head.

"If he does not give up his emergency powers after the end of Grevious, he would be removed from office" Muni explains.

"The Jedi would have to take control of the senate in order to secure a calm and peaceful transition" Mace adds.

"Great care, we must take" Yoda said, staring directly at me.

I broke the gaze and looked down to my feet. I figured Palpatine was behind something. I could feel it.

"Stay close with senator Amildala, Nico" Mace spoke out. I turned my head in his direction, nodding.

"Yes master" I replied before leaving for Padme's room.

I hadn't seen her with the new child recently. It had been a couple weeks after the birth. Word had already gotten out of her new child being born. Many had demanded who the father was, but of course she wouldn't comply in giving them the answers they wanted.

I opened her door without a single knock. "Padme?" I call out, not seeing her anywhere.

I noticed little Han, laying in a crib wide awake. I smiled down at him, adoring his sweet features.

"Nico?" Padme's voice says from behind.

I turn to look at her. "Where's Declyn?" I ask, looking around the room, surprised that he wasn't here.

"He went on an assignment to one of the enemy ships this morning" she sighs worriedly. "I'm starting to worry"she adds, staring down at her son with watery eyes.

"Now Declyn may be a nitwit, but he's a Jedi Knight.. He knows how to handle himself" I assure her, rubbing her back gently in a comforting way.

She looks up to me, "its just he would've been back by now, you know".

I only shrug in response, not having any words come to thought. "Could you watch Han for me? I've got to go speak with a few of the other Senate members" she explains, pulling the baby into her arms and handing him over to me.

I nod willingly, "I'll be here" I tell her as she kissed Han on the forehead before leaving the room.

I looked down at the child, his beautiful brown eyes complimented his very few strands of brown hair. He smiled up at me with a wide smile, no teeth to show just yet. "You and my child will be great friends some day" I told him happily.

I began rocking the baby in my arms, humming a simple melody as I walked around the room.

I was excited for my childs arrival into this world. I hoped to be the mother mine was, caring and sweet with a touch of wisdom when needed. And I wished for Anakin to be nothing like my father, who was always so crude and an abusive drunk.