Chapter 20

Nicolette

"What are you doing?" I giggled up at the young boy who struggled to keep himself upright on one of the large beasts which grazed in the fields.

He looked my way and suddenly feel to the ground. A loud groan following. I cupped my hands around my mouth, trying to hide the giggles as I inched closer.

I found the boy, sprawled in the long grass, clutching his forearm and cradling it against his chest. I knelt in front of him. "Are you hurt?" I questioned, gazing at his clutched arm, the fabric having a bloodied tint to the long sleeve.

His sparkling blue eyes looked over to me, seeming as if his arm didn't bother him in the first place. His mouth fell agape in awe. I couldn't resist the smile which crept slowly onto my lips.

After moments of silence, I repeated myself with more concern with the fact he hadn't heard me in the beginning. He collected himself quickly, rising to his feet and running a hand through his short brown hair. His smile grew to show off his perfectly, straight teeth.

I rose to my own feet, fixing my short skirt and dusting off the brown leggings underneath. "Yes, I'm alright... Just landed on a rock that's all" he chuckled.

My smile faded, he was hurt. "May I?" I gestured to the covered wound.

He nodded with permission and I waisted no time in folding back the sleeve carefully. Finding a bloodied, wound which wasn't small but wasn't large. The skin was pulled off and there was dirt scattering the wound. I sighed, pulling my canteen from my satchel.

Then I slowly poured the clean water over the mark, ridding of the dirt and specks of grass. Placing the container back into my satchel i switched it out with a bandage I had packed this morning. For it was a day off from training and I'd planned to go roaming around, though I kept my distances not too far. Figuring that it would be smart to bring a few things along.

I wrapped the bandage over the wound and made sure it was secure before sending the boy an assuring smile. "Thank you....." He pressed, waiting for a name for we had never met. But I could tell by his robes which covered his body, that he was a Jedi padawan. Like me. Possibly in a older and higher class than my own.

"Nicolette Tate" I smiled.
Sticking his hand out, I gladly took it and he shook it lightly, "Anakin Skywalker" his cheeks poked out with the smile on his lips. Dimples indented within each side.
"Are you a padawan too?" He asked, grabbing his pack and beginning to walk through the fields with me by his side.

"You betcha" I smirked. Allowing my hand to sway freely by my side as we walked at a slow pace through the open fields. The long, thin grass tickled my fingertips. The soft breeze blowing them right into my grasp. The sun complimenting the illuminating glow of this planet.

"Do you want to be my friend, Nicolette Tate?" Anakin asked politely, staring at me as we walked. I glanced up at him, he was seemed to be two years above me, much taller as well.

"It would be a pleasure, Ani" I smiled, giving him a nickname I would treasure until the end of our days.

He rolled his eyes, but did not comment. Continuing the slow, steady pace we moved. Enjoying each and every sound of the wildlife and nature.

We continued to talk as we moved throughout. Learning a little more about one another each passing second. Like where we were from, who our mentors were, a second favorite species beside our own.