Chapter 14

Nico

That night I didn't return to my shared chambers with Anakin. He was too dangerous to be around. It scared me at what he had done. It hurt to the blistering point where I couldn't think to do anything other than cry over him.

After Declyn had gone annoyed with my whaling sobs, he'd left the room in search of Tiesto.

She was a very kind lady, and I'd learned to know quite a few things about her. She'd never been married but was engaged once when she was younger. Lost her fiancée due to an engineering explosion and never bothered with romance again. Once she had a daughter, but had lost her due to the fact she was forced Into slavery many years ago. She never saw her again.

Tiesto wasn't much in age, only entering her early forties. Being that she was only twenty years older than I am. She didn't look too Much in age, hardly any wrinkles or sags in skin. She wasn't a big women, but not in my size either.

She was very generous and kind to me.

"She won't stop" Declyns voice approached drowsily as he entered the door after Tiesto had done so.

I didn't bother looking up from my face down position on the bed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked kindly, taking small steps in my direction.

I shook my head. Why would I? Was it the tears streaming down my face? I didn't want to discuss any of it for I knew it would only make things worse.

"I want to see him" I pouted like the child I felt to be.
Declyn took a step forward, and i look up from the mattress to see a disproving look ones father would hold on his features. "No, he's
too-" he tried to object.

"I don't care. It took him by surprise. And that he has already lost his first, only made him afraid as to what could happen to this one" I explained, defending my beloved Vadar. "He isn't what you seem for him to be" I added desperately.

I missed him, I wanted him to know I forgave him. I've already lost everything. I can't lose him too. "No. You will not be seeing him" Declyn told me strictly. A look of pure hatred in his eyes. "Not alone at least" he added silently.

I glared over at his boyish frame. "Who are you to tell me that I cannot see my husband. I don't care what he's done! He's still my husband and I still love him!" I yelled angrily.

Standing to my feet with constant swaying. "I'll be back" I told him more calmly as I began for the door slowly, not wanting to topple over.

And the whole time I was walking out the door, away from Declyn and closer to Anakin. He surprisingly didn't move. He allowed me to do as I pleased. "Nico.. Please, don't go" I heard him plead with sadness and pure desperation in his words.

But neither of us turned around. I knew that if I had, he would win. "You may join me if you would like" I informed him sternly just as I took my leave downy the hall a ways.

Our room wasn't too far from Declyn's. Only a few doors. Neither of us knew what was held inside the walls that separated us, but we didn't dare question it.

I looked back over my shoulder just as I arrived at Anakins door, wanting to see if I had been followed. But i wasn't.

"Anakin" I smoothly said, my voice holding many cracks. Knocking on the door it immediately slid open, revealing Anakin, leaned against the frame.

"I was wondering when you'd come back" he tried to play off the still oozing sadness that flowed all around him.

I felt his strop arms wrap around my aching body, I'd flinched at first but finally hugged him back tenderly. And he'd noticed my reaction, I knew he did. "I apologize for my actions" he spoke in monotonous words.