twenty five- i will never

"i'll never ever feel the same. i'll never ever win this game. i won't ever find a love like you again cause i wanna feel you one last time."
~Light Up the Sky

Chapter Twenty Five- I Will Never

After Hunter's stupid idea of 'hugging' under the mistletoe, I had fled from him and of course got drunk off my face. I found myself dancing with a few people whose face I had forgotten but someone pulled me away. When I woke up the next morning, I was lying on a bed with Lauren snoring on one side and Lola mumbling in her sleep on the other. Lovely.

I realised that we were in one of the rooms that we had rented out and I found it surprisingly clean and didn't smell too much of vomit and alcohol.

I stumbled into the bathroom and glanced at my appearance in the mirror. I nearly screamed. I looked horrifying. My hair stuck up in all different kinds of directions and had unknown substances dried up in it. My eyes were bloodshot and my bags were a beautiful bruised colour. My skin looked pale and tinged an almost green colour. I let out a bitter laugh, no wonder Hunter didn't want to kiss me. I was the walking definition of ugly.

I decided to have a quick shower to wash away all the stench that seemed to be stuck on me. Once I hopped out, I looked a tad better and smelt a thousand times better. I inhaled the sweet shampoo scent that enveloped me and got changed. Thankfully, us three had all brought spare clothes for the next day knowing that it would more or less end up like this.

I got up and was about to jump onto the bed to wake both Lauren and Lola up but once I caught sight of their peaceful sleeping faces, I smiled to myself and slipped out of the room without making a noise.

Once I slipped out I decided to sneak into the suite which was probably completely trashed. I hated to be the person cleaning up this floor. I almost felt guilty. But hey, it's my birthday. Well, was. I grinned as I skipped into the room because I was finally 18.

"You're jolly this fine morning." Tom grunted from the sofa where he was currently lying down on. He looked horrible. Almost the same look I had before my shower.

"You look like death." I told him chirpily as I rifled around the fridge. I found a bottle of water and downed it.

Tom gave out a small laugh, "Thanks Katie." He said as he eyed my water. "Pass some over here."

I rolled my eyes as I walked over and made him move his feet so I could sit down on the sofa. When he did, I passed the water bottle over to him.

"God, this is good." He groaned. "Remind me to choose water over beer next time."

"As if you'd listen to me." I laughed. His gaze was on me for a moment as something flashed in his eyes, an emotion that I couldn't quite read. It made me feel awkward but he soon looked away.

He took another giant swig of water, "You're one of the only people I listen to Katie." He said almost monotonously. I bit my lip. I felt like I was always going to feel this immense guilt for choosing Hunter over him.

I opened my mouth to say something when he turned and smiled, "So I heard Hunter tried to kiss you last night."

I scoffed, "Oh yeah. Let's hug under the mistletoe because kissing would be innapropriate!!!" I did an over exaggeration of Hunter's voice and twisted his words a little but at least it made Tom laugh.