epilogue-if i'm james dean you're audrey hepburn

"They say that love is forever, you're forever is all that I need. Please stay as long as you need. Can't promise that things won't be broken, but I swear that I will never leave. Please stay forever with me."
~Sleeping with Sirens

Epilogue

Dear Tom,

How's everything going with you? I hope you're partying it up in heaven! Hunter, Lauren, Lola and I all miss you like crazy and we all think of you everyday.

It was a long six months without you at school and I can't tell you how many times I broke down crying when I arrived in English and saw the empty seat next to mine. And I can't count how many times Lola has called me up in the middle of the night on the verge of a panic attack and crying because you used to be the one she called when her anxiety got bad.

Hunter, although he tried his best to cover it up, didn't handle it quite as well as he thought he could. He took days off school at a time to go visit your grave and he'd always come over to mine and talk to me about all the things he regretted saying to you and the things he wanted to say to you but now he couldn't. He loves you a lot and even though he didn't seem to show it sometimes, you meant the world to him and although he has me, Lauren and Lola as best friends, sometimes he needs another guy to talk about stuff with.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be telling you all the sad things. I mean, yeah we were completely lost without you and some of us nearly went out of our minds after you passed away, none of us thought we'd ever get over the heartbreak and loss, but here we all are actually going somewhere with our lives. Who would've thought!

It's now been, what? I think three years since you passed away. School has finally ended, thank god. We all safely graduated, even Hunter who I was afraid might have to repeat for taking off days so much. We were all sad though because, of course, we were going to have to go our seperate ways what with universities and our future careers.

Lauren moved to Melbourne because she got a scholarship in one of the art schools. She's gone all hipster on us, dear lord. She dyed her bright blue hair to a nice red-ish colour and she bought fake glasses, Tom. Fake. Glasses. They suit her well though, I have to admit. I've accepted her new hipster ways but God help me, if she starts listening to whatever crap the hipsters listen to I will slap her with her favourite Fall Out Boy album.

And oh!!! This is the most exciting bit; Lauren has a girlfriend! Her name is Emily and she's super nice, pretty and overall perfect for Lauren. They're in the same classes at the university Lauren goes to and that's how they met. She brought her up to Sydney a few months back so we could all meet her and let me tell you, I was so happy for her. We all were.

Lola, because her parents are loaded remember, got to take a gap year and travelled around the world for 12 months after we graduated. Once she came back, she applied to some hot shot university in Sydney where she now studies law. Apparently while she was on her travels, she realised that after all we went through she wanted to do something to help others. She's studying hard so she can become a really good lawyer to help those in need. Bless her soul, she's just too sweet.

I bet you're wondering if Lola's gotten any action relationship wise. Crap, I should've worded that better. Don't mistake what I said as something sexual, god no. But YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Awkward. Anyways, there's this really cute guy that works at the Starbucks (I know, how white can we get) that we go to sometimes and he's totally into her. They talk everytime we go and they flirt a little but she's oblivious that he's so obviously attracted to her and he's too shy to make the first move. It's agonising watching them but they're cute as anything. I'll keep you updated on them.