twenty eight-don't threaten me with a good time

"this night is heating up, raise hell and turn it up saying, "if you go out you might pass out in a drain pipe." don't threaten me with a good time."
~Panic! At The Disco

Chapter Eighteen-Don't Threaten Me With a Good Time

"Names?" The bouncer asked us as we reached the start of the line. He gave us a scrutinising look as if he didn't believe that we were 18 or over. Well, to be fair, we weren't.

Instead of the long ass line at the front of the club, we got to go around to the back where there was still a line but it was significantly shorter so it only took around ten minutes or so. Which we spent talking about absolute jack shit as usual.

Lola stepped up in front of him. She was tiny in comparison to the huge ball of muscle that was the bouncer.

"Garret." She answered. "But I booked spots for four of my friends as well." She gestured to us.

He seemed to be reading something on his clipboard before he looked up, "You're good. Go ahead."

That was our green light into the night club. We all had to suppress our cheers until we were safely inside and didn't tip the bouncer off that some of us were indeed underage.

"We did it!" Lauren squealed as we stepped inside. "I can't believe it!"

She hurried over to the bar and ordered a cocktail. I shook my head. I hoped for hers and all of our sakes that she didn't get too drunk.

Tom grabbed my arm, "Come on, let's dance."

I was startled but let myself be pulled away to the dance floor. After a good ten or so minutes dancing our hearts out, we stumbled to the bar to get a drink and to catch our breaths.

"So," Tom said as he sipped his drink. "Still haven't made a move on Hunter yet?"

I almost spat out my drink. "No! It's only been like a week since-" I stopped myself before I made things awkward. Tom gave me a stern look and sighed.

"Since you dumped me." He finished for me. "How many times do I have to tell you? It's fine. Im fine."

I gave him a skeptical look.

"What, are you so self absorbed that you think I'm still utterly hung up on you?" Tom teased, acting all dramatic. I gave a weak laugh but I could just feel the tension settle in the air. You can see it in his eyes. You can see still how hurt he is. And that seemed to hurt me.

Tom pushed his glass away, still full, and stood up. "I'm gonna go and find Lauren. Make sure she isn't passed out in the corner or something." He said and shot me a smile.

Once he was gone, I let out a massive sigh. Everything was so complicated and painful. It usually was when it came to liking Hunter. It was okay when it only included me but now I had dragged Tom into it as well. Now he was collateral damage to this mess. To my mess. It made me wonder if all this was worth it.

"Having fun?" A voice came from behind me. After replaying his voice over and over in my mind at nights when I couldn't sleep, I didn't need to look to know who it was.

I shrugged, "I guess."

Hunter came and took the seat next to me where Tom was a few minutes ago. "Alright, what's up."