bonus chapter-the plan

"I imagine one day things settling and I think about what that might be like."
~The Front Bottoms

(a/n: it's such a cute song pretty please listen to it while you read!)

"Katie, are you ready?!" Lauren exclaimed after she nearly busted the door down.

I was breathing let deeply, "No. No, I can't do this Lauren. I'm not ready!" I cried.

She marched right over to me and flicked my forehead.

"Ow!" I yelped. "What the hell?"

"I've been by your side since day one of you being all googly eyed whenever Hunter was around. I've been with you when he broke your heart, I've been with you when you both finally worked it out and got together. It's been years and you still love each other so much." She said. "Trust me Katie, you're ready for this."

I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face when I remembered or first kiss, a bittersweet moment but it was a moment I definitely would never forget. It was like in that one moment, both our feelings travelled though our lips like an unstoppable force. I sometimes felt that even now when he kissed me.

"Annd let me guess, you're thinking about him right now." Lauren said with a sigh. "God, just marry him already."

I gave her a smile, "I am."

She let out a squeal, "I know! I know! God, I'm so excited." She said as she enveloped me in a hug.

I room a deep breath, "I'm ready."

+++

A few days earlier...

"Will you still have time to come shopping with us after you marry Hunter?" Lola asked me with a pout.

I laughed, "Of course. We're not going anywhere."

"Yeah but I feel like Hunter's going to be hogging you, having you all to himself." Lauren huffed.

"You can't see me that much anyway since you live in Melbourne now." I teased.

"I'm probably moving back after I finish university because I miss you guys soo much." Lauren said with a smile.

"Let's talk about it to your girlfriend before you make any rash decisions, okay?" I laughed while nudging her.

Lauren was up in Sydney for the week because Hunter and I were holding our wedding this week. I had finished my degree in psychology and I was yet to find a job but Hunter surprised me but proposing to me. He said that he wanted for us to finally get married and figure out the rest later. So that was that. I mean, who would say no?

We were on our way to pick out a wedding dress for me and then we were going to go back home, get changed and have our little bachelorette party honouring my last few days as a bachelorette. And no, despite all the shows about bachelorette parties full of naked stripper guys, sex, alcohol and more sex, ours was nowhere near that. Not to mention 1 out of 3 of us wasn't into guys.

We planned a nice night out. We made reservations at a fancy restaurant (a buffet much to Lauren's delight) in the city, then we were going to go stock up on snacks and watch movies back at my house. A nice girls night out.

Hunter was having a bachelor party of his own. As much as it pained me to think that Tom wasn't here to celebrate all of this, I'm glad that Hunter made some new guy friends. He met a really nice guy while playing at a bar one night, Jordan. And Wes, Lola's cute Starbucks guy, finally found the courage to ask her out so he naturally became part of our group after that.