Four

---DON'T LEAVE YET IT IS A VERY IMPORTANT PART AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER---

{Star's POV}

"Star, woke up I'm bored," Marco kissed my jawbone. "No, I'm stuck," I muttered. "How?"
"I have to sleep foreeeevvveeer."
"I can leave. I don't have to stay."
"Yes you do."
"Oh, yeah?" I'm pretty sure he raised his eyebrow. I opened one eye. Yep he did. "Prove it." I sat up. "I'm royalty. You must obey or be hung."
"I won't be hung."
"I'm not joking, Marco." I looked at him sternly at he knew I meant it. "You forgot to tell me something," he muttered, practically locking me in place with his deep chocolate eyes. "Good morning."
"No."
"Love you."
"Love you too, but no."
"I do."
"And your ring is where?"
"Um. Uh. Fuck how do I not know this?!"
"Well, this hurts." I sat thinking a moment. 'If it's this important... '
"Happy birthday?" He dropped his gaze. "Finally. You remember every other year, why not now?"
"I didn't exactly forget," I rolled on my stomach, "Hold my feet. I got something under the bed." He looked confused and then held down my feet. I flung myself over the edge. "Don't get any ideas, okay?" He frowned. "I'm out." I dug under the bed until I found a big cardboard rectangle box. "Pull me up," I called.
"I'd rather drop you but... "
"Diaz," I scolded. "Fine." He dragged me up, spanking me in the process. "You savage." I emphasized the 's'. He grinned. "No, Marco, don't."
"What's the box?"
"Open it," I smiled. Marco yanked off the top and pulled out a crystal sword with a red gemstone at the bottom. "You didn't have to do this."
"Yes I did. To me it's mandatory. That's the one you wanted, right?" He kissed me. "Yeah, it is." I jumped out of bed. "I'm going to Mewni." Marco scrunched up his eyebrows. "You can't leave me! Not yet!" He started to cry. "I'm not leaving, leaving. And besides, you're going with me."
"You're parents don't like me."
"You don't know that, and I don't have any intentions to find out. Go get ready, but don't look formal." I walked into the the closet and grabbed my clothes. "The room is yours," I said and walked out.

+++++++Half Hour Later++++++++

"Marco, you ready yet?" I called out as I walked down the hall to the bedroom. "Almost, my show won't fit." As he said that he threw his shoe into the hall, nearly taking me out. "Marco! That shoe could have tool me out," I tossed him his shoe. "Put on your shoe."
"It doesn't fit." I looked at the shoe closer. "That's because that's my shoe. You really didn't are the purple laces, did you?"
"No, I guess not."
"Find your shoe."
"You're wearing it." I looked down and saw a purple lace and a white lace. "I wondered why it was loose," I took off the shoe, "Now gimme mine." We traded shoes and left for Mewni. "What are we doing here exactly," he asked. "We're gonna mess with my parents."
"How, exactly?"
"Were gonna give a false alarm that I'm dead."
"I don't wanna think about that... ever."
"Shut up, safe kid."
"You said you wouldn't call me that anymore!"
"Shut up! Just go up and tell the guards I'm dead... Ludo did it."
"Fine."
"They will say something like 'thanks for the news', that's your cue to leave. Meet me at the entrance of the Forest of Certain Death."
"Got it." He walked over to the guards as I ran to the entrance.

{Marco's POV}

I arrived at the gate with two guards planted in front. "Hey, aren't you Star Butterfly's protector?" one asked. 'More or less,' I thought. "Um, yeah. Star was actually taken while fighting with Ludo. He captured her and took her hostage. I didn't what i could to safe her but-"
"It's fine, we can get her. Thanks for the information." I walked away and met up with Star. "What is doing now?" I asked. "We could for to that cave we always went to when we were sixteen." (the cave in the Diaz Family Vacation episode) "Sure, I don't see why not!" She grabbed my arm and dragged me through the forest. When we arrived at the cave... well more like home, we spruced it up a bit, Star ran to a bed made of dragon skin and flopped down face first. "What?" I asked. "I'm tired."
"So go to sleep."
"Okay, leave." I walked over to a boulder we carved into a couch, and pulled out my phone. Star eventually fell asleep. I slowly drift my attention and towards her. The slow rise and fall of her breathing. Her hair draped along her back. She looks peaceful. But it's also 5:30. We really should be getting home. I scooped her up in my arms and cut a portal back home... where Ludo was waiting for us...