Seventeen

{Star's POV}

Marco and I stand in the middle of the living room. "That was, interesting," I said. "Heheh yeah," Marco agreed. "What do we do now?"
"She where life takes us."
"I don't wanna find out, Marco, I like how it is now. I'm scared for the future."
"Hey, don't be like that," he nudged my shoulder and sat me on the couch next to him, "You got me, the puppies, proposal." My face lit up. "Are you tricking me?"
"Nope. Just waiting for the right moment."
"Now seems right."
"But you're expecting it. It kills the fun." I laughed. This boy has figured me out. Knows all my secrets. Knows all my weaknesses. Knows everything I like. I'm no longer an unsolved mystery. "What you wanna do?" I asked. "I wanna go make nachos." Marco stood up and began walking to the kitchen. "Marco, you can't leave me. Like Ludo said, you won me over, you gotta keep me." He laughed as he began melting the cheese. "Right. So technically what you're saying is I own you. I can do whatever I want to you and you can't do a think about it."
"Very funny. Honestly, I'm pretty sure you wish you owned me." He poured the cheese over a bowl of tortilla chips and sat them down in front of me. "How's your arm?" I looked at him confused. He rolled up my sleeve, showing the stitches I got a few weeks back. "Oh yeah, it's fine." He smiled. I took a nacho, bit into it halfway, and stopped. "Star? What are you doing?"
"This is the part where you eat the other half of my nacho."
"Right. And all the other times you complain." He leaned over and bit off the other half. Before he could get away I grabbed his hoodie and pulled him forward, forcing him to kiss me. It was a short kiss, but it meant something. "What was that for?"
"Oh, you against love from your girlfriend. Could have asked out Jackie six years ago."
"Jackie's a slut. And I got nothing against you."
"Oh, hating on your old crush aren't you?" Just then my cell phone rang. "Hold on Marco, I gotta take this." I pulled the phone out of my pocket and answered it.

{No ones POV}

"Hello?" Pause. "Hi mom." Pause. "Oh." Pause. "Why?" Longer pause. "Okay, bye."

{Star's POV}

I hung up as tears filled my eyes. "Star?" Marco asked. I didn't answer. "Star what is it?"
"I-" was all I could manage before I burst into tears. Before I knew it, I was sitting in Marco's lap, tight in his embrace, almost as if it was second instinct. I buried my face in his hoodie. "Star, please tell me." he whispered. I dried my eyes. "I-I-I have to go back to Mewni."

          END OF BOOK TWO

Do You Really Have To Go?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara