Eleven

{Star's POV}

We got back to the camp in about ten minutes. Everyone was gone except Ponyhead. It looked like she was waiting for us, like we were up to something. I hope Marco won't break and still keep our relationship a secret. It is REALLY hard for him to keep secrets that big, especially when he is involved. "So you finally decided to show up," she said. "We were gone for like, twenty minutes," Marco stated. I will let them do this one without me. "What did you do in those minutes?"
"We walked to the creek in the woods and back."
"Any detail you left out?"
"No."
"You both walked for twenty minutes in complete silence, correct?"
"We talked."
"About?"
"Why are you so questioning?"
"Oh, I see how it is," she smirked. Marco looked at if he was ready to strangle her. I hope he holds. The others finally emerged from the woods. Well, this got a WHOLE lot easier for him now (sarcasm). "Marco, how do you put up with these two!" Dad asked. "I don't put up with them, I follow along."
"I wish I knew that earlier."
"Um guys," I butted in, "We should be heading to Ludo's castle now. There's some mountains to cross and we should start early if we wanna get across by dusk."
"Oh yeah, I've seen those! The rocks are unstable though," Ferguson said. We all gathered our stuff. "We show group up if the rocks are unstable, it would be a good idea," I added. Everyone agreed. Ferguson with Alfonso, Ponyhead with a guard, Dad with the other guard, and Marco with me (of course).

++++++SKIP TO MOUTAINS+++++

{Marco's POV}

"Marco," Star whispered to me, "Marco I'm scared. I don't want the rocks to fall from under me." I pulled a piece of blonde hair back behind her ear. "You'll be fine, I promise. I'll be with you." I tried to sound as convincing as I could, but I was just as she was. "Hold my hand." She looked as if she was going to have a total meltdown. I entwined my fingers with hers. She smiled. "You think you can make it?" I encouraged. She nodded as we took the first step into our journey.
We were halfway across the mountain now. A guard found a ledge on the side of the rock. "We should take a break here for an hour or so," he said. Everyone agreed and sat down. Star wasn't gonna give up her fear. She was literally glued to my side. "Star, you're fine now, you can let go of me," I said. She sighed but released her grip, revealing multiple nail marks from when a rock fell and she squeezed need hand. Everyone was quiet form then on. I was against the wall with everyone else, watching Star pace. She does that when she's scared. Suddenly, there was a loud crack. Rock fell from our ledge. We all looked for the missing piece until I noticed one of the worst things that could have happened at the moment. Star was hanging off the edge of the rock,  with three miles between her and jagged hunks of fallen walls.