Thirteen

---sorry for that last chapter being terrible. But hey, Marco's in a rough patch now, what could happen ;)---

{Star's POV}

I walked back into the cave with ponyhead. Everyone that was previously there was looking at me, except for Marco. "Star, can I talk to you?" Dad asked. "Um, sure, I guess." I walked over and sat down. Almost everyone was watching. "Alone." Everyone left. Marco tried but my dad grabbed his arm. He moaned and sat down. "So... " I said, "What are we doing here?" I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but it's worth asking. Dad looked at me as if I was stupid and nudged towards Marco, who was lining up rocks again. We playing this game huh? "Nope. Not following." He was getting frustrated now. "Why don't you tell need if I didn't know," I said. I feel evil now. "Why didn't you tell me about Marco?" he said, clearly annoyed. I looked over at Marco. He smiled. "I dunno," I said. Marco elbowed me. "Yes you do. You told me why." I looked down. "I thought you and Mom wouldn't like him."
"Correction. Your Mom won't like him. I on the other hand, actually like Marco." Marco looked up, surprised. "Sad, don't kid around like that," I said. "I'm not. It takes a lot to keep you. You're always playing hard to get. And you're heartbroken easily. If he can keep you for-"
"Six years," Marco chimed in.
"Yeah, six years. As I was saying, if he can keep you for six years, I wouldn't take you away from him. It would hurt you too much."
"How can you prove it would hurt me?"
"I'm your dad, I know all too much."
"Oh really. If you know so much, what caused us to date in the first place?" Marco's face went pale. "Marco's parents died. You were the only person he could trust." Marco frowned. "He's good," he said. "Just two more questions and you can go, okay?" We both nodded. "Okay. And sorry in advance if they get to personal. First of all, do you sleep together yet or..?" We both looked at each other then back at him. "Okay then. And what kind of couple are you exactly?"
"I'm not following."
"Like are you guys the type that is kissing all the time."
"No."
"We mainly play around most of the time. Or we're sleeping."
"Oh. You're both free now." We both stood up and ran out of the cave before he could change his mind. "That was weird," Marco said. "Yeah, But at least he likes you."
"Your mom on the other hand..."
"Right. It's probably because she doesn't think a human could handle the throne."
"In not following you."
"If we get married and I go back to Mewni to be queen, you'll be the king."
"That hurts though. Just cause I'm human doesn't mean I'm not capable."
"I know. She really doesn't like any boys besides Tom. Mainly because-"
"He actually isn't helpless."
"Yes. Wait- I don't know. I know you're not helpless."
"Haha." We got the others and started heading back to the cave.