Fifteen

---you have to zoom in to go able to read the picture. I'm getting tired if this book so I might wrap it up in these next few chapters and then THIRD BOOK HERE WE COME!---

++++++TRAVEL MONTAGE++++++

They finished crossing the mountain two hours. Then they crossed two plains. Following that was a lake. And then they were there.

{Star's POV}

We arrived at the gateway if the unraveling two paths. We could either choose to go through a swamp filled with all of our deepest fears, or a jungle filled with the unknown. "I'd rather take my chances with the jungle," I said. My dad nodded and set forth into the darkness. "We can tell the others about us soon, right?" Marco whispered to me. "Yeah, soon." We walked with the group for a while, until we saw trouble. The area was flooded with cat-rhino mutations. "Well, we're screwed," he said. "Guy's, climb this tree. It can buy us some time," I yelled. Everyone climbed as the mutants rammed against the tree. We all sat on the sprawled out branches. "Lucky this wasn't a week tree, right?" I tried to lighten the mood, it didn't work. Marco appreciated the effort, though. The only thing we could hear is the beasts clawing away at the trunk. Someone break the silence. "You guys do realize we will probably die in the next hour, don't you?" Marco said. "Don't get so negative! Weill figure out a way, " I gulped. The tree gave off a snapping noise and tilted slightly to the side. "Yep, were gonna die," I confirmed. "Anyone have any last words before we're all being cat food?" Alfonzo asked. "Nope," Marco said. The tree cracked again. He looked over at me, as if he was asking my permission to tell them. I nodded. They'd find out sooner or later, right? "Fine, I do have something to admit," he said, "Ferguson, Alfonzo, remember how I kept telling you in had a girlfriend but would never tell you what she looked like or what her name was?"
"Oh yeah. We always said she was like a six eyes octopus mutant," Ferguson laughed. "You shouldn't be saying that," Marco said, almost warning. "Oh. We also said that she could look at someone and make them turn to cheese," Alfonzo chimed in. I glared. The two must've noticed. "It's Star, isn't it?" Ferguson asked. Marco nodded. I leaped from where I was sitting, over Marco's legs, in an attempt to attack the two. "When j get my hands on you two your hour to live will turn into five minutes max!" I yelled, clawing at them. "Star stop!"Marco demanded, holding down my feet. "No! If they say I look like that, they deserve what's coming at them!" He pulled me back and sat me down on the opposite end of the branch. The tree cracked more, leaning a greater distance. "Wait B-fly," Ponyhead questioned, "Is this Earth Turd really the best you could do?"
"Yep!"
"Hey," Marco pouted. "Haha!" The tree finally gave up, slowly falling. I hugged Marco. "I love you guys!" I cried. Then the falling stopped. "What a pleasant surprise," a voice said.