Six

{Star's POV}

I wandered down the stairs, crying obviously, trying to figure out how to treat my wound. Blood trickled down my arm and dripped off my finger, leaving a blood trail down the hall. I messed with a rag and using my good arm, placed it over the stab. I squeezed the last few years out of my eyes and put my forehead on the palm of my hand, lying on the counter. 'Why would Marco do something like this?' I pondered. Marco came downstairs shortly after. He saw me and he looked regretful. "Star, I don't know what got into me. It's just that Ludo brought up my parents and-" I cut him off. "It's fine, Marco. I get it." I replied, pushing aside my thoughts. "Really?"
"No. Why would you do something like this?" I walked over and sat down on the couch. Marco followed and sat next to me. He hugged me tightly, avoiding my arm. "I'm sorry, Star, I really am. I don't know why I did what I did to you. You know I would never intentionally do something to hurt you, right?" I knew he never would, and I would never question that, but my mind drifted to how he was protecting me in the beginning. "Star?" he asked. I snapped put of it. "Yeah, I know. It's just funny how in the beginning you were like, 'don't touch her', and then you do this."
"I know and I said I'm sorry. I'll understand if you can't forgive me and wanna go home to Mewni. It will hurt if you leave, but I'll understand." He was trying to 'guilt trip' me, wasn't he? "I'm not gonna leave. I'm gonna stay with you." He gave a small grin. "I love you. Don't let anything I do ever make you think different."
"I know. It is really hard to make me think bad of you." Out of nowhere, Marco started crying. "Marco, I told you it's fine." He put his head on my shoulder. "It's not that. It's the thought that I could have lost you. Then I would have nobody."I twirled a piece of his hair. "You won't lose me, I promise. And besides, you like the peanut butter to my jelly."
"The cheese to my nachos."
"The Marco to my Polo."
"What?"
"That Earth game, Marco Polo."
"Oh I got it now." We stayed like that for a while before I broke the silence. "You got the wand before you let Ludo leave, right?" I asked.

{Marco's POV}

"No."