Five

{Star's POV}

I woke up to a cackling laugh. "Huh?" I muttered. We were back at the house. I don't remember ever leaving the cave. I looked up. Marco was carrying me. He looked frightened. 'He is never scared... of anything, why now?' I thought. I looked in the same direction. Marco had every right to be frightened. Ludo was standing with my wand. They both realized I was awake. "Oh, Miss Butterfly, you're finally awake," Ludo cooed, reaching out to remove a piece of hair from my eyes. Marco took a step back, my legs dangling above the floor. "Don't touch her!" he yelled. He is never like this. What is he up to? "Marco, I'm fine, you can put me down," I said. "No, I lost my parents when I was fourteen, I'm not even gonna RISK losing you, too." That was adorable. "My, my, karate boy, it was THAT long ago? I caused that crash six years ago?" said Ludo. Marco fell to his knees, burying his face in my arm. It was a long time ago, but he still misses them. He talks about them. They'd love me as his girlfriend. They'd completely support marriage. "You, did it. Why'd you do it?" He sat me down delicately on the floor and stood up. "You just care about your own benefits, don't you, Ludo?!" he yelled as he approached the green, bird-like goblin. I could tell he was getting mad. "You killed them, and had absolutely no regrets!" Marco managed to find a shard of glass from when I broke a window. "Marco, put the glass down," I said calmly. "Stay out of this, Star! This is just me and Ludo now."
"Marco you gonna get yourself killed!"
"Just leave! Okay! I'm fine!"
"You're not fine!"
"Yes, I am!" The glass shard was pointing in my direction now. "Drop the glass before you do something you regret."
"Get. Out." He drove the shard into the top of my arm. I yelped in pain and walked out of the room, blood dripping off my fingertips. "You too," he nodded to Ludo. He smirked and walked through a portal home.