Chapter 1

You know they say everything happens for a reason. They say The Lord never puts too much on you that you can take. They say it gets better, just give it time.

Well I've never had the patience God gave a mule. This world is trying to die, but we want let it. After the damn CDC went up in flames here we are sitting on the highway where the walkers can come and get us.

"Lil bit!" My brother Daryl calls me by my nickname which I act like I hate, but secretly hate.

"Whatcha want asshole?" I laugh.

"Look 'round, but stay close" he tells me I nod.

I pull an arrow out, and lock it onto my quiver I always like to be safe. Hell if I don't Daryl would grouch me out the whole way to where ever we're heading.

I dig through a random trunk of a car. I only find some cigarettes, a pack of matches, and a kitchen knife looks like it's mine now. I put the stuff I found in my backpack, and walk over to my favorite friend to talk to.

"Hey gramps" I greet Dale.

"I'm not that old" he replies rolling his eyes.

"Any fixin' this piece of crap?" I ask referring to the RV.

"I've told you a thousand times, this RV is not crap" he laughs screwing in a nut.

"Yeah okay" I mumble walking away.

I walk towards a excited looking Carl with a black case that looks pretty heavy.

"What ya got there bud?" I ask.

"It's a complete Arsenal!" He exclaims.

I nod, and continue to walk along the rows of broke down cars. I'm looking through another trunk. When someone pulls me to the ground. I look to see Rick.

"What the fuck?" I yell he puts his hand over my mouth, and points ahead.

A whole heard of walkers are stumbling our way. I almost pissed my pants I'm so scared.

So here I am lying under a nearby car with Ricks hand over my mouth. I bite his hand making him scowl at me. Hey in my defense he has dirty hands.

"I saved your life" he whispers to me. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah yeah Prince Charming" I smirk.

"This is a serious moment" he growls.

What the hell is wrong with these people? Atleast Merle knew how to have fun. I really miss him. We both have the same sense of humor.

I hear a scream. I look over to see Sophia screaming, and running from two walkers into the woods. Rick quickly runs out from under the car, and into the woods right on Sophia's trail. I crawl out soon after, and run over to my brother.

"Lil bit, you stay near me" he growls.

"Chill. I'm alright" I reply.

He grumbles, and stalks off. I see a panting Rick emerge from the woods without Sophia. Carol cries.

Rick looks so sad. Heck I'd be too if I lost a little girl, and Carol placing the blame on him ain't helping. Rick walks away, and into the RV. I follow him in to see him sitting with his head in his hands.

"Rick, it ain't your fault" I state sitting next to him.

"I left her, but I had to lead this walkers away from her. It was her best shot" he replies.

"Look. We're gonna find this little girl, and she'll be just fine. Hell she's probably tuckered out in a bush eatin' strawberries" I smile making Rick laugh a little.

"Ya think you, and Daryl could track her?" He asks.

"Well yeah. We are the best in all of Georgia" I brag.

He rolls his eyes, and walks out. I walk out soon after, and over to my sulking brother.

"Hey, what's wrong brother?" I ask as he bites his thumb.

"That lil girl. She's lost" he answers.

"Shit we were lost in the woods once remember? We were both younger than her" I say.

"Yeah. Daddy was gone with some waitress. Merle servin' another sentence in juvie. How do ya remember that? You were only three?" He asks.

"I mostly remember us returnin' and makin' you a sandwich with your itchy ass" I laugh.

"Well I'm the one who found our way back" he reminds me.

"Yeah, I bet that itchy ass thinks differently we were lost what felt like forever" I reply smirking.

"Daryl, Daisy, Shane, Glenn, and I are all goin out to track Sophia. We'll be back" Rick yells.

I make sure I have my bow, and a couple of extra arrows. Also my trusty hunting knife Merle gave me when I was fifteen.

We head out into the woods. Daryl is up front tracking with me right behind him. Sometimes he misses a few things I see.

I know we'll find this little girl, and she'll be just fine. My brother and I will find her. Hell atleast she has people looking for her.