Chapter 21

Oh my gahhhh guys one of my favorite authors on wattpad MayGarner started following me!!

I love her Carl Grimes story it's just OMG amazing! Y'all should check out 'Alone' I love Caress sooo much (Carl and Tess) anyways enough fangirling on with the story!!

________________________

I sit alone in the tall wheat field a cool breeze blows my hair as I look up at the sky, I guess you can say that the sky is the last beautiful thing. So untouched by this awful world it looks down on, makes me kind of jealous actually jealous of a damn sky wow.

"See you didn't join the meetin' either" Dales voice speaks as he sits next to me.

"Yeah Randall should be killed, they're stupid to let him live" I reply.

I know Dale doesn't agree with me. Dale and I are so different if be surprised if we ever agree. He's not a realistic person he wants everything to be sunshine and roses in the shit hole world instead of seeing the reality and accepting it, he's in denial and soon enough it'll be his time to go.

"Why is when things don't go your way you spew off and say you're gonna leave?" Dale asks.

I clench my fists and take a deep breath. It's really none of his business, but Dale is so nosey he probably won't leave me alone till I answer.

"Cause I ain't dealin' with dumbasses anymore" I answer rudely.

"Daisy you can't just run off and leave anytime things get hard, stop turning away from your problems fix them and go on with it" he replies.

I sigh. The old man is actually speaking some sense I don't know why I run off the way I do. Sometimes it's too much to handle, I can't handle all of this at one time I just want...I just want the world the way it was back again. I want to be with Merle I miss him so much.

I flinch as I feel something run down my face realizing its tears. I get up angry at the fact I showed weakness without thinking I punch the nearest thing to me of course it had to be a hard oak tree, I scream in pain holding my left wrist as it starts to purple. A few seconds later I see Carl, Rick, and Daryl walking my way, but no Randall. Did they kill him already?

As they approach a blood curling scream breaks the silence we all turn our heads to the field seeing two figures one attacking the other. I run at a fast pace seeing the horrible sit of a walker eating Dale. I cover my mouth in shock.

He was just here. We were just talking. Now? He's gone. He's just gone that fast.

I take my knife stabbing the walker over and over in the skull forgetting about the pain in my wrist I can't stop. I just...he's gone and I was nothing but a bitch to him, he had a light in him and all I did was try to take that away. I'm soon pulled away by Andrea, I wipe my tears and turn away from the group.

"Herschel! You have to help him lets get him back to the house!" Rick yells attempting to pick up Dale.

"No...I'm sorry. But we can't help him" Herschel speaks in a low voice.

I shake my head not wanting to hear what I know is coming next I want to walk away but Dale was right I need to stop running I need to accept these problems so I stand still and watch as my brother puts a gun to the old mans head.

"Sorry brother" He whispers and shoots.

-----Time Skip-----

I shake my head zoning back in at the quiet dinner table everyone has been silent since Dale's death. We planned a burial tomorrow, Randall is still alive so that just adds on to what a shitty night it's been. I can barely eat I just can't stop thinking about Dale he was such a great guy, atleast he doesn't have to see this world anymore no more fighting for survival just peace.

"I'll take a look at your hand after dinner" Herschel speaks sitting next to me.

I nod looking around the dinner table everyone's here but Shane and Lori. Must be on watch with Randall, hate to say it, but if Shane killed the kid I'd feel better. How has it come to this? That I'd get satisfaction in someone else's life ending. He's a bad guy yes but..death it's such a difficult thing even in death Dale is getting to me.

"It's time we take care of Randall" Rick speaks standing to his feet along with Daryl.

I follow their actions as we walk out the door, Carl comes running behind us. Rick stops him and crouches down to his level whispering at the boy who's smile becomes a frown then returns back into the house.

I don't know why Carl would want to see Randall be killed maybe he wants to grow up. It's not a bad thing to do I mean if I had a child during the apocalypse I'd want that kid to be more like Carl, stepping up and not being afraid he's becoming fearless it's scary that he has to grow up in all this, but he accepts it that's what counts.

"He got out!" Lori screams running towards us as we approach the shed.

I look around to see no Shane he's nowhere to be found just a heavy breathing lori.

"Where's Shane?" I ask.

"He went after the boy of course" Lori spits.

I roll my eyes. This is too suspicious. He gets out, overpowers Shane? Oh and Lori just sits back and let it happens? Nah she's full of shit.

"Lori go to the house! Daryl, Glenn and I will go look for Randall and Shane" Rick instructs.

"Hey! What about me?" I yell.

"Go back to the house. Please don't argue just go" Rick pleads.

Right as I'm about to reply my eyes widen at the sight of dozens and dozens of walkers stumbling our way. Rick looks back and sees them I see how scared he is but he shakes it off and pushes me towards the house.

"Let me go with you, you might need back up!" I yell.

"No Daisy please! Go to the house keep everyone safe!" He yells one last time running away into the field.

I sigh running as fast as I can back to the house with Lori slowly behind me. I roll my eyes and reach my hand out to her which she takes quickly and I pull her along with me sprinting in the house and locking the doors.

"What's going on?" Maggie asks.

"Walkers"