Chapter 24

To the people who reads this book , leaves votes, and comments thank you so much you're the real MVP 😊

_______________________

~Daisy~

"Man I really wish I had one of Merle's sandwiches right now" I groan.

It's been months since the farm, Lori's pregnant belly has grown so big to where she can't fight anymore and any food I get I give to her.

"What?" Carol ask snickering from the passenger seat.

"It had mayo, squirrel meat, deer and a fresh tomato slice" I giggle rubbing my stomach at the thought.

We didn't have to necessarily hunt for our food, Merle, Daryl and I pulled out money together and left dad as soon as I hit eighteen. I was a waitress at a crappy restaurant barely getting by, Merle and I would always blow our money on...addictions. While Daryl kinda kept us out of trouble the best he could.

"That sounds...well that actually sounds kinda decent considering I'm starving" Carol laughs breaking me from my thoughts.

These past months have been tense. We never stopped for long maybe just a night then we'd be back on the road once more. Everyone is on edge. Hungry, tired, aggravated and the cold coming in hasn't helped things.

Rick and I.. Ever since he told me about Lori being pregnant I've been distant I just don't know how to act around him I mean he'll have two kids to look after, plus what if him and Lori want to get back together? It hurts to see his blue eyes look at me everyday with sadness. Every time he approaches me I just leave, I just can't with him right now.

I'm confused with my feelings and I've never really had that much of emotions kind of like my brothers that way, I never had much friends just stayed around my siblings, we all had our vices Daryl was the good guy in a way. While Merle and I was gone getting high he'd be working. I still remember the days where I'd threaten to leave him forever if he didn't give me money I feel so bad about that. I definitely don't miss the drugs they were just an escape from reality, one I wasn't ready to face.

The car comes to a stop, I hop out quickly in need of a good stretch.

The air is crisp, the sky , clear its late in the day and we just now found a place to stay the night. The small wooden house shows its age with moss covering it, a tree lies on the roof and leaves lay on the cold ground showing winter is coming. Soon.

I hate winter.

We have a routine now we do it day after day and it's worked so far. Staying on the road is a must and I think it's the safest we've been, only thing to worry about is gas. Which is in short supply. I stand in my usual stance, my knife raised, right behind Daryl who points his crossbow. He breaks open the door surveying the area as Glenn and Maggie move in yelling a 'clear' when checking the kitchen.

I miss my bow. I left it back at Hershel's and I sure could use it. Now I just have two knives, Daryl keeps trying to give me his gun but I refuse. He needs it more than I do, and ugh I hate to admit it but he has better aim.

"Good work" Rick announces helping Lori into the empty house.

I sigh listening to my stomach ache in hunger, god I'm so fucking hungry. I'm tired, I'm thirsty and really really want a shower.

"I'm goin' huntin'" Daryl murmurs in my ear as everyone piles in.

"I wanna come" I speak following him.

"Nah you stay here, Daryl and I will go you keep watch" Rick interrupts making me roll my eyes.

Every time I try to go by myself or even go hunting he stops me. It's so annoying it's like he doesn't think I can protect myself even after I explained I could kick his ass and have him on the ground five seconds flat the damn baby blue eyed, strong jaw..dark hair...

Ugh Daisy stop.

"You don't tell me what ta do" I growl my southern drawl thick.

"I want you here. Safe" he states serious.

"I can protect myself!" I scream.

The sheriff shakes his head at me, like he's frustrated at my actions. Just as I'm about to push past him Daryl stops me and looks at me with aggravation.

"Stop fightin' stay here" he spits.

I grumble a few words as the men leave, T-dog closing the door behind him. I go and sit far away from the remaining members of the group to my own little corner in the house as they start a fire. I'm freezing, my light jacket has more holes than anything and it doesn't help with keeping me warm, and I don't feel around being around anyone so I'll just suffer the cold.

Rick. He's constantly on my mind. He's the first guy that won't give up on the idea of us, no matter how much I push him away he won't let go, and to be honest I don't want him to. Why do I do this? Push the people who care the most away while everyone who's treated me like shit gets my attention.

Ew I'm such a pathetic person.

"Thinking about Rick?" I hear the familiar voice of Beth as she copies my style of sitting with her knees to her chest and arms resting on them.

"Ha" I mock rolling my eyes.

Was it that obvious?

"I know you love 'em. I mean you two, you two would be a great couple" she chuckles "He's kinda weak in the points where you're strong, it's like you complete his weaknesses and he completes yours" she finishes knocking my shoulder.

"Me and Rick? Nah..we ain't meant to be" I scoff looking away and blushing at the thought.

"Yet ya kisses him" She replies smartly.

"We all got urges girl" I counter.

She shrugs her shoulders. Honestly the blonde and I haven't talked that much yet I like her, hell believe it or not I use to be like her. I was kind, seeing the best in people and caring but like most the world changes that. All those traits of caring, sweet, and smart people hate and turn you into a emotionless bastard.

But when? When in my life did I actually give up on myself? God damnit. This group.

"Beth..I just..I don't know how ta feel!" I growl yelling with a whisper voice careful not to wake the sleeping people.

"What's that sayin'?" She mutters "Follow your heart" and smiles.

Follow your heart?

Could it be that simple?

Without a second to think Rick busts in with Daryl right on his trail. They both smile my brother smiling as the group stands up in wonderment. I ignore them as everyone crowds around the two.

"We found a home" I hear Rick voice.