Chapter 10

Goals: 15 views please:)
-----------------------------------------

I start to make a fire near Daryl and I's tent Rick keeps staring at me and when I look at him he winks he actually thinks he's something huh? Daryl hasn't returned yet from his search for Sophia and I'm getting worried right as I'm about to grab my bow I hear Andrea scream and point her gun.

"Walker!" She yells.

Rick and I both run out in the feild and instruct Andrea to wait. As we run closer I notice the figure and recognise my brother stumbling while holding something in his hand he looks dirty well, way dirtier than he usually is he looks likes he's fought an army of walkers.

"Brother? What happened?" I ask touching his side that's bleeding slightly.

"I-" he starts but a gun shot cuts him off sending him to the ground.

I look behind me to see Andrea all I see is red and run straight for her. Once we're face to face I punch her straight across the jaw. She falls to the ground and I follow continuing to punch her in the face. I'm pulled off by my waist I look to see that Rick is the one who holds me. I push away from him as Andrea stands up holding a busted lip and bloody nose.

"You stupid hussy! Ya shot my brother!" I snap"I outta kill you!"

"It was an accident! I thought he was a walker!" She defends.

I'm about to punch her again until I see Shane and t-dog holding my brother up. I push Shane out of the way and help carry my unconscious brother into the house where Hershel sets up some stitches and takes my brothers shirt off. I quickly shield him knowing how he feels about people seeing his scars that daddy gave us. All those times Daryl would take a beating for me, he'd always protect and now he's the one needing to be protected.

"Yall can pester him with questions later. Leave." I say not looking away from my brother.

"Daisy I can-" I Rick starts.

"Just leave us the hell alone!" I yell.

Rick and Shane walk away shocked by my outbursts. They need to learn their boundaries, I just need some time alone with my brother I already lost one I'm not sure that we'll ever find him. Daryls all I got now.

"Alright I fixed up your wounds best I could" Hershel tells a now conscious Daryl.

"You rest now" hershel says and leaves the room.

I fumble my thumbs not daring to meet my brothers gaze. I don't want him to see the worry in my eyes, he'll think I'm weak I just know it. Dixons ain't weak we're tough we can survive anything and everything.

"You still that feisty little eight year old. Defending your family" he laughs making me look up.

"That bitch deserved it. Almost shot ya!" I defend.

"Alright calm down Merle" he teases. He's all beaten up, a head injury, and an arrow in his side yet he finds time to tease me?

"Enough bull shittin' tell me what happened" I demand scooting closer.

"Well I was ridin' the horse and it got spooked by somethin'. Threw me down a cliff and to my luck my own arrow is stuck in my side" he explains "Oh, the best part..I swear I saw Merle" he laughs.

"Merle? Naw you were hallucinating" I accuse he rolls his eyes.

"Daisy shut up. Of course he wasn't the real one, course he was talkin' shit like the real one" he replies smartly.

"I really wish he was here.." I mumble.

"Lil Bit. You need to grow up and realize your big brothers ain't invincible" Daryl explains for once his words aren't harsh.