Chapter 8

I wake up to Daryl snoring. It's early in the morning the sun ain't even up yet. I grab my hunting knife along with my bow and quietly sneak out of the tent careful no to wake my grumpy redneck brother.

I hear some birds just waking up their tweets are literally music to my ears. The grass is covered with few drops making my boots all wet by the time I reach the middle of the field. I sit on a nearby log just looking up at the beautiful morning sky. The breeze feels nice on my skin I start to sharpen sticks to make my own arrows I'm running low and so is Daryl so I might as well make us some.

"Someone is up early" I hear Glenn say.

"Hey chinaman" I chuckle using his nickname given by Daryl.

"For the last time I'm Korean" he chuckles sitting next to me. "Daisy...what do ya know about love at first sight?" He asks making me cut my hand in surprise.

"Shit!" I yell taking the bandana from my back pocket wrapping it tightly around the cut.

"Guessing that's not your area" Glenn laughs trying to help with my hand.

"You guessed right" I smile snatching my hand away from him. "Why? Got yer eyes on somebody?" I smirk.

"Maybe..." He mumbles picking blades of grass.

"Lemme guess...Andrea...no! Uh Carol?" I guess going back to my arrows.

"What? No." He laughs "I think Carol like Daryl though" he says changing the subject.

My eyes widen and I stop what I'm doing. It's always just been me and Daryl all our lives we've never depended on anyone but each other. What if carol takes him away from me?

"I don't think Daryl likes her though" Glenn states.

"Nah my brother ain't the datin type. He's more hump and dump" I laugh.

"Well what about you and Rick?" Glenn asks watching me work on more arrows.

"Hmm?" I ask confused.

"Yall two seem to be getting close...ya like him?" He asks grinning.

I stand up and throw my handmade arrows to the ground. I turn to a very frightened Glenn. I get up in his face.

"None of your damn business Asian!" I yell grabbing my things and stomping off.

Why did I do that? But it's true everyone is just so damn nosey. It's none of his business! So what Rick and I are becoming good friends! It means nothing shoot he could leave and I wouldn't give a damn.

Lie.

I walk up to the fire pit where carol is cooking something on the open fire. T-dog is rubbing the sleep from his eyes. While rick sits staring off into space in a camping chair. I roll my eyes and take a plate of rabbit from carol, I decide to just sit on the ground ain't no dirt gonna hurt ya. I begin to practically inhale my food when I can feel someone staring at me. I huff and meet Ricks gaze. He smiles lightly at me and I nod.

"We're gonna look for Sophia today" he says walking over and sitting next to me.

"Hope we find her" T-dog comments.

"Ain't no use in hopin'" I hear my brother reply walking up to the campsite.

"Gotta keep hope alive right?" T-dog asks.

I scoff and finish eating I wish Rick would stop looking at me. It's making me feel a little uncomfortable.

"I was thinkin. You and I drive back to the highway see if she wandered up there while Daryl and T-dog look up stream" Rick suggest.

"Nah I'm good by myself" Daryl grumbles.

I roll my eyes but nod in agreement. Maybe now that Rick trusts me well I can be second in command that'd be pretty cool having a say so around here of course I'd suggest Daryl over me, but maybe there can be three leaders?

"When we leavin'?" I ask squinting because of the rising sun.

"I'm goin right now.." Daryl replies standing up with his crossbow on his back.

"Be safe" I call at his retreating figure.

"Yep" he replies simply.

T-dog decides to go wake everyone who still asleep up. While Carol walks back to the RV. I hear moaning and not like the dead moaning. I look at Rick to see he's just as confused as I am.

"What is that?" I ask.

He shrugs his shoulders following me as I get up and walk closer to the moaning sound I notice the sounds coming from Lori's tent I put two and two together. Rick is close by me I can feel him tense up as we stand there awkwardly. This must be so hard for him. His best friend screwing his wife. I turn to see a angry Rick.

"Hey. She don't deserve you" I remind him.

"All I want to do...is rip his head off" Rick states still glaring at Lori's tent.

"Look, there's nothin you can do. Maybe it was meant to be this way? I don't know..." I sigh.

"I feel horrible.." He whispers.

I sit down on the still dewy grass and pull rick down with me. I have an idea to get revenge on Lori for Ricks sake all we have to do is wait for the lovely couple to step out.

"Daisy? What are we doin?" Rick whispers in my ear.

I smirk as I see the zipper moving on the tent. Out comes a messy haired Lori and a prideful Shane stepping out of their tent they stop when they see Rick and I. I smile.

I pull rick by his collar and kiss him. He is shocked at first but starts to kiss back while wrapping his arms around my waist. I wrap mine around his neck, playing with his hair. Just for fun I moan slightly. I smile as I hear Lori grumble and stomp off. I pull away from a breathless Rick who now has swollen lips.

"Daisy-"he starts.

"Nope I was just gettin revenge for ya" I answer.

I sand up, dust off the dirt from my jeans and start to walk to the house with a small smirk playing on my lips I glance at Lori to see her glaring at me. I flip her off and continue to walk.

Hey atleast I got something...he's not a bad kisser..

-Authors Note-

Whoa!
Daisy sure is bold huh?
I wanted to make her a lil mix of Daryl and Merle. She's all bold and outgoing like Merle while she has a temper like Daryl.

Looks like she isn't interested in a relationship...

Anyways tell me what you think:)

15 views till next update =^•^=