Chapter 13

Goals: 15 views and 5 votes please:) I really liked this chapter idk why?!?!
--------------------------------------------

It is now later in the day we all sit around the fire eating our dinner that consists of peaches and some squirrel Daryl caught earlier today speaking of my brother he is sitting alone at his own campsite clearly pouting about our fight. He still treats me like I'm a little girl it's really getting on my nerves.

"Daisy? Can we talk?" Rick asks standing up.

I stand up and give my plate to Carol passing a glaring Lori. She's lucky she's pregnant or I swear I'd knock that look off her face. I follow Rick out into the field at first I'm confused to where we are going and why do we need to talk in private? Maybe it's what he discussed with Hershel? We finally reach the horse stable adding to my confusion.

"What's wrong Rick?" I ask watching as he runs his fingers through his already messy hair.

"How are you?" He asks out of nowhere completely ignoring my qeustion.

"Well..I'm fine. You couldn't ask me that in front of the group?" I laugh.

"I-I just..look I really like you. I know you say you ain't that type of girl" he starts "But just know that I do have feelings for ya, they ain't gonna just go away" he finishes.

"Rick, I know you feel that way..and maybe I feel the same way. But we can't be together. Me and relationships we don't mix" I reply not meeting his eyes.

"Will you just think about it?" He asks hopeful.

"What did Hershel say?" I ask changing the subject.

Rick sighs "He wants Shane gone" he answers leaning against the stables.

"But can we stay?" I ask scared of the answer.

"For now. He said he has somethings to show me. So I'm going to be helping him out tomorrow" he answers.

"Well sounds like a busy day..we should head back.." I suggest.

"I want you and Daryl to be in charge tomorrow while I'm gone. Keep everyone calm" he states walking by me as we make our way back to the camp fire.

"Okay..but I thought Shane was your right hand man" I reply smirking.

"Yeah let's just let him think that" he laughs.

We both sit down by the dying fire alone since everyone has probably turned in for the night. I decide to help myself to my secret stash of candy. Well me and Carl's secret stash of candy. I take out a Hershey bar.

"Might be the last Hershey bar on tha planet" I smile tearing it open and halfing it.

"Nah I'm good" Rick refuses the chocolate.

"To bad yer eatin' it" I reply shoving the half in his hand.

We eat in silence, but I can feel Rick staring at me. I keep asking myself why he would be interested in me. Maybe it's because he's lonely? Maybe he's desperate? Or maybe he thinks I'm easy. I don't know but the last time I let my heart open and loved someone I got cheated on and it broke me, haven't been the same since. Hell Merle and Daryl egged the guys house, slashed his tires and beat the guy to a pulp in front of all his friends.

"Why won't you try?" He asks making me sigh.

"Rick..I'm not like you. I don't wear my heart on my sleeve. I'm not the type of girl you want trust me" I reply looking down at my dirty nails.

"Daisy. I like you. I want to be with you, and I think you want the same thing. But you second guess yourself" he replies crouching down in front of me.

"You barely know me!" I defend.

"Then let's get to know each other. Just say that maybe one day soon we will be together" he replies calmly.

"Gah Rick!" I grumble "Fine. We'll get to know each other, but when you get bored with me you best be runnin' to the hills cause Daryl will kill you and I'll kindly watch" I spit.

"Thank you." He smiles standing up with me.

He moves closer and closer to me I step back but he keeps coming closer until my back is up against a tree. His face is now inches away from me his eyes looking at my lips. Oh shit he's going to kiss me. Why can't I move?! What the hell?! Not a second later he gives me a simple peck on the lips and pulls away to looks at me.

"See ya tomorrow" he smirks and walks away.

My heart is racing at his actions. I feel like a stupid teenage girl. I will not let some guy take over me. No way. I'm flying solo and I'm keeping it that way, I mean maybe if the world was back to normal I'd consider it..maybe.

I shake my head to clear my mind and walk over to Daryl and I's tent. I enter and change into a over-sized t-shirt and lye down in my sleeping bag next to my brother who is I thought to be asleep.

"Ya need to stop pissin' me off" he growls looking at me.

"You need to learn to take a joke" I reply smiling.

"Look..I'm sorry bout what I said earlier" he grumbles.

"What? Did the Daryl Dixon just say sorry?" I ask.

"Shut up and go to sleep" he replies turning over.

"Night brother" I giggle cuddling up in my covers.

"Night Lil Bit.." He replies.

Soon Daryl is fast asleep just small snores filling the air. I can't sleep my mind is racing. There's dead people walking around and here I am thinking about a guy. Me Daisy Dixon is thinking about a guy. I swear I feel like one of those girly girls that braid their hair and talk about boys all the time. I sigh again and fall asleep.