Haunted house

For the next few days people kept disappearing. Sophie and her class could not cope with this many people going and needed to do something about it, so a proper search of the house was made. Not many things were found there and Sophie was glad that no more notes were either. There were a few peculiar things found though, they weren't physical objects as such but things like windows open that hadn't been opened by the class, slamming doors, more scary noises and misty white liquid puddles on the floor. They were sort of your traditional 'ghost house' and Sophie was doubting that it was anything serious, just someone playing a very clever trick on them. She said nothing about that though, the class had enough to worry about.

Life in the castle was hard, and everyday was the same. They woke up, scavenged for breakfast, hunted the house, heard strange noises, tried to ration lunch, hunted more, waited to see who the disappearing person was, tried to prevent it, then ate dinner with sad faces. They kept finding secret passages all around and shouts coming from them which they though were the captured classmates but they couldn't be sure or get through. Clara, Lizzie, Eliza and Rosa were all getting more scared and the other people in the class were beginning to huddle in corners, not wishing to stay alone, which they agreed was now a rule. You had to be in groups of at least 3 people and everyone now slept in one of the main halls together. There were 10 people left. Everyone knew there would be 9 tonight, 8 tomorrow, 7 the next day, 6 the next, 5,4,3,2, and then 1 person left alone. Then none. The air was tense.
They all had no idea what was going on, all they new was that this was a haunted house, and they needed help... Fast.
At the moment there was not much food left in the house, and they were worried about starving. 4 days went by and now there were only 6 people left. Georgia, her closer friends and another boy called Jasper. They had no idea who would go next, and Jasper was slightly intimidated by the 5 girls which Sophie found as funny as it could be in their situation. They tried to think positively and put it as they now had less people to feed. But someone would go tonight and who would it be?
They desperately needed more food and searched every cupboard for any scraps. At least there was plenty of fresh water.
Later on that day, they sat together in the dining room and are small squares of stale bread and drank glasses of water. Nobody spoke a word. Nobody had gone yet and they didn't want to find out who would.