The first encounter

It was 3 days later, and nobody else had disappeared. Since they sat in the dining room wondering who would be the next to go, firstly, nobody had gone, they all stayed. Whoever was doing this wanted Sophie, Clara, Lizzie, Eliza, Rosa and Jasper alive. Also, when they arrived down the great stairs the next morning, on the table was placed the biggest hamper of food ever. It had bread, milk, cheese, fresh fruit, vegetables, cakes and treacle buns. The 6 children laughed and cried with happiness, as they were close to starvation, and rationed out the food with the minute remains of there own. It was nice to have the sweet flesh of food in her mouth again and they all promised to save it carefully.
Unfortunately, they still had no idea where it came from and who gave it to them but they could always sort that out later. For now, they would just be glad that it was sent.
The next day, still nobody had disappeared and as they walked down to the dining hall, once again there was a banquet of food on the table. The children quickly ran forwards and then went to get the other food they saved from the day before. If this came every day, they could eat properly at least once every day and not have to ration it. They needed to take their chances though, and only finished of yesterday's banquet (which was still huge as they hardly had any of it the previous day) and found it strange to feel lush good in their bellies once again.

A week later and no one had gone. More food arrived every day and the 6 children were more full than they had ever been in their lives. Sophie was wondering down to the kitchen casually when more strange noises sounded. These were the first they'd heard for 2 weeks and they all stopped dead in their tracks. 

"What. Was. That." Rosa breathed.Clara and Lizzie just shook their heads while Eliza replied, "I have no idea..." 

"It doesn't sound great though," Rosa stated.They suddenly all got hit out of there trance to tut at how uncaring she could be. In the moment they hadn't realised that Sophie and Jasper had left the room, and went to look for them, calling out their names. 

Just as they were giving up hope and were a bit scared that they had been taken too (even though Clara didn't agree because she said nobody had been taken fora week,so why would they be taken now? Also, she told them, people got taken one at a time but there were two of them. The others weren't so sure but she was adamant) they heard a small, muffled cry that sounded like it was coming from somewhere upstairs. They hunted the sound down and found that it came from the small attic where the girls had found the notes before. They made there way up with Lizzie at the front, as she was the bravest, and Rosie and the others following closely behind. The ladder creaked on the way up and they all resorted to whispering, as it felt like you should. As soon as Eliza at the back made her way through they heard a slam, and the trapdoor slammed shut. Now they were trapped. 

More and more noises were heard getting louder and louder as they gradually made their way deeper into the attic, which was larger than they thought. "Where do you think they are?"Clara asked Lizzie, but tapping her on the shoulder she realised how cold and stiff she was. When she didn't reply, she tapped Lizzie harder. Making her way round to the front she gasped at the change in her friend. Her face was a milky white and her whole body was shaking uncontrollably. Before Clara had time to ask her what was wrong, or her friends had time to realise, Lizzie raised stray finger and pointed without a word at the problem. Clara raised her eye level and followed her finger until she found the source. Standing in front of her was the largest, practically see-through creature, with empty eye sockets and no legs, just, well, not standing, more like hovering around the room. Clara managed a small shriek before she fell backwards in a shocked faint. Rosa and Eliza stumbled forward to catch their friend before seeing the (what we will call for now) 'ghost'. Sophie, wherever she was, was right. They were living in a haunted house.