Run for your lives- part 2

A clatter shocked the friends and they stopped mid-walk.
"What was that?" Jasper asked, mainly to David, just to see if anyone had a clue.
"No idea," David was the only one to answer. They all thought the same thing, what's the point in saying it?
"I thought we were alone in this house, everyone disappeared!" Rosa spoke the obvious.
"We were alone in this house, but clearly not anymore," Jasper told them.

Sophie let the image of the castle corridors slip from view and fly away into the air with a shimmer of light, in the knowledge that she could always get it up again later.

"Well, if we don't know what it is, we should probably check before we leave this place, just in case," Sophie told them.

"Yeah, but maybe it is better just to leave this place, I mean... what harm could it do? We haven't done anything wrong!" Rosa reasoned.

"She does have a point, Soph," Jasper commented. Sophie stared at her friend,

"Since when did you call me Soph?" she laughed. Jasper turned a bright shade of red and hid himself in the hood of his jumper, muttering to himself, "clearly not anymore..." Sophie looked at him as if to say, 'pardon?' but he just shook his head, turning away.

"actually I kinda like it!" Sophie tilted her head to the side as if contemplating the new nickname. Her parents had never called her anything other than Sophie during her childhood. She nodded in conformation, "Yeah, it's cool," Clara rolled her eyes and nudged her friend,

"Soooo...... what are we doing about this new arrival, then?"

**************************************************************************************

Pillars are very useful when you're hiding from someone. Or, some people. This particular pillar had old patterns and writing which was no longer visible creeping up the sides, making their way right to the top, where pillar meets ceiling. This particular pillar was also being used as a hiding place, but not for a fun game of hide and seek, no. This particular pillar was being used for something a lot more serious. For the man hiding behind this particular pillar's name, was Marcus Galbadone.  Marcus was hiding from the people he was watching at that moment in time, in particular, the girl, Sophie. The other girls he didn't really care about, although he would need them all in the end, and that boy, well, he needed him as well. But that annoying little man, David. He remembered that annoying boy from the meeting. He was the one prophesied, why did David keep having to come back into his life?

Marcus had chucked a stone he had found on the floor under the torn up carpet a few minutes before and knocked over a pile of old plates on a shelf, preparing to be thoroughly cleaned. he watched as the children and David reacted, seeing what they would do, then, in a moment of confusion he took his chance and ran forward, grabbing Jasper and slinging him over his shoulder. Jasper kicked at him and struggled to get away. He bit Marcus cunningly on the hand and while he cried out in pain, Jasper leaped backward off his back, using his feet to push himself as far away as possible.

Marcus staggered backward from the force of the kick and groaned. This was a 10 year old boy, for goodness sake! How could he not defeat him? Well, apart from the fact that they were the most powerful children in the world.
And also- why was David helping them? Last he heard of him, David was pretty set on capturing the children himself.
Sophie cried out,
"Guys, brain!" Marcus scoffed and went to run into Jasper, intending to at least knock him out. But the children seemed to know exactly what she meant, and they all stood still, as if in a trance. Suddenly Marcus realised what they were doing, and he lunged forwards, trying to knock Lizzie's outstretched arms.
Lizzie quickly turned, still focused intently on her magic and let Marcus fall to the floor.

Marcus was confused. He hated the children before, his aim was to capture them. Now his aim was to keep them safe from all harm, get them home safely and never to lie to them.

Once again, the children had changed the thoughts of a man.

AN
really really sorry I haven't updated in so long but hopefully this is ok? Not really sure where the story is going if I'm completely honest but please comment and help me with ideas! Thanks, Lily xx