Chapter One

"Ad, come on, get up, get up, you've got school, let's go, rise and shine," a bright light flooded the room and Addie groaned and rolled over against it.

"No, dad come on!" She pulled the blankets over her head only to have them yanked down again. She shrieked, it was cold, "Dad!"

"What Addie??! We do this everyday! Jesus, if you don't hurry I might have to get the pitcher." She heard the smirk playing in his words.

Addie shot up in bed, "You wouldn't?"

He looked her over and Addie knew her hair must be quite the sight, she flattened it and he said, "Wouldn't I?"

"Dad!"

"What?" He said innocently, laughing and turning to go down the stairs.

Addie groaned and turned over to get out of bed. Shuffling to her closet, she glanced in the mirror and almost screamed until she realized it was her. Chuckling slightly to herself, she walked to the bathroom.

Brushing her tangled blonde mess put a crick in her neck before she pulled her hair away from her face and began to lather on face-wash and get ready for her day. After finishing the basics, she picked out her outfit for the day, a typical Monday outfit: dark blue skinny jeans, a loose fitting sweater-dress material gray top, gray short-heeled boots, and a darker gray scarf outlining her neck. Light eye shadow and a brush of eyeliner and mascara and Addie was ready to go. Her light brown hair was curling naturally around her face as she walked out the door to the Blue Ford Focus in the driveway.

Walking out into the front yard of her house, Addie looked across the street to see the cute blond girl from the other side. Addie thought she was cute. All women were beautiful to Addie, but it was wrong to think that, right? She didn't know, but she politely waved to Tami and began to make her way to her car. She saw Tami wave back.

When Tami did things, it was with a sort of grace that had a hidden deception. Tami was a bad ass, everyone knew it. She had a lip piercing and blond hair and dark blue eyes. She was lesbian, everyone knew that too. She was considered "Hot" but Addie didn't look at her like that, she looked at her as a friend...a very beautiful friend.

On the way to school, Addie was able to steer her thoughts from Tami and to the fact that it was Monday, Addie hated Mondays.

The first half of the day dragged on and Addie was getting more and more eager for lunch, a girl's gotta eat! At lunch, she felt her phone buzz in her pocket and she took it out and it read, "Meet at Tamera's after school today. We have something to discuss with you. -Mom".

Addie searched her memory for a Tamera and then it clicked: Tami. It was kind of weird that her mom would be texting her about Tami. Tami and I don't even talk that much Addie thought blankly.

*****

After school, she got home, dropped off her stuff and then walked over to Tami's house. She walked up to the door and before she could knock it swung forward.

Her dad stood there all bright and cheery, "Hey Ads, we've been waitin' for you!" He said bringing her into the house. He led Addie down this hallway and to the right to a kitchen/family room that was gorgeously decorated and surprisingly well kept. At the small kitchen table sat four more people: Tami, her parents, and Addie's mom. Her confusion grew.

"H-hi?" She said almost like it was a question.

"Hello, Addie, sweetheart, why don't you take a seat?" her mother said gesturing to one of the two empty chairs beside her. Addie sat down in one and her dad sat in the other.

"So I bet you girls are wondering what this is all about," Tami's mom said her eyes rotating between the two girls. Uh yeah, Addie thought uneasily.

"Well, the four of us have been talking, more than you two actually," The parents looked at each other as Tami's father spoke and Tami and Addie exchanged a look. "And we decided that maybe us adults can use a vacation. The thing is, we have both only ever had one child, so we can't leave them at home alone."

"Yes you can," The teens said in indignant unison.

Addie's Father chuckled, "Anyway, that was when we thought to take a vacation together and leave you two to your own devices." He said impressively.

"But, we don't want you two in different houses and after much deliberation," Ad's mom said, "We decided you girls would be staying at Tamera's, uh I mean Tami's house," My mom corrected herself because of a mean look from Tami. Addie chuckled at Tami's bravery.

"When are you guys leaving," Tami spoke first after hearing the news. She had a poker face, but Addie could practically feel the excitement emanating from the teen's skin. She herself was excited: her first time home alone. She probably wasn't as good as hiding it as Tami.

Well, technically anyway.

"Tomorrow, actually, we're going to be gone for two weeks." Addie's mother said happily.

Addie wasn't exactly sure how she felt about all this. Yeah, it was her fist time home alone and every child is a little nervous about that, but Ad wasn't a child, she was almost 17 and ready to take this on. She smiled, "Sounds fun, I mean for both of us." She indicated to both the group of parents and herself and the other younger girl.

Addie was fighting her own little battle though, because of how she thought of Tami. I won't screw this up, keep it strictly friendly, Addie told herself.

"Well," Tami's mother said, "Now that that's all settled out, why don't you guys go get your things packed? Addie, you'll be staying here tonight as well just so that you can stay out of your parents way. Remeber, you're packing for a couple of weeks, not a month. You can also wash your clothes here as well, Tami will show you around when you get back."

"Alright, thanks-" it suddenly hit Addie that she didn't know Tami's mother's name.

"Theresa," she held out her hand. All of the group of six parents were shaking hand with kids because they had all realized that the kids didn't even know the names of their parents' friends.

Tami's mom and dad were Theresa and Josh Parker

Addie's mom and dad were Johanna and Shane Smith.

Addie went home and packed her clothes, she then said goodbye and pulled her car over to Tami's house. Theresa had said that Addie could just walk in when she was all set, so she twisted the doorknob and stepped over the threshold. She went back towards the kitchen when she heard low rapid voices and stopped short in the hallway, but leaned in a little to hear what sounded like Tami's and Josh's voice.

"-Dad honestly? You act like I always-"

"Because you do Tami! I just don't want you doing anything stupid!" Josh cut Tami off

"I won't dad, I promise," She said. Addie made her way into the room casually and they began to pretend like they hadn't been talking.

"Um, T-Tami," Addie cleared her throat, "Where should I put my stuff?" She asked after getting the blonde's attention.

Tami muttered consent and led her up the stairs and to a spare room on the right side of the long hallway. When Tami saw that the other girl was set, she left the slight brunette to her business.

*****

Addie thought that these two weeks were going to be filled with surprises, both good and bad. Starting to place her bags and things where she was comfortable, she began to think of a word to describe how it was going to be. Just as she finished up making herself at home, the Parker's called her down for dinner. She thought that these weeks, in one word would be...interesting

*****
Author's Note: Sorry that the first chapter was sort of lame and to the point but I needed a way to start. I hope you guys enjoy this.

Don't be silent readers.

Comment and Vote (:

Stay beautiful

-A