chapter 26- Screaming, Kissing And Touching

Ashleigh’s POV

David looked at me and then to the Joker with eyes filled with anger, “I’ll take care of him for you Ashleigh.” I stood frozen by the medical table as David walked over to the insane criminal with a medical kit. I sighed heavily and looked around my surroundings only to feel everything to slow as my normal life once again began to collapse. Sirens began to blare, as a huge deafening sound blasted through the whole building, I looked around me to see the black mist that was the fear toxin, I scrambled away from it. I saw Oakley paralysed with fear as the fear toxin entered his system, Suddenly my hand was grasped I looked up to see David’s petrified face looking down at me, “I’m not letting you die again.” he cried as he pulled me through the halls of Arkham Asylum. “David let me go!” I shouted as my body was forcefully dragged through the toxin filled halls, I looked around me only to see deep blackness. I tried to pull my own hand from David’s Strong grip but it only caused him to increase his bone crushing grip around my small hand and thin wrist, “Just Stop!” he looked at me with rage filled eyes, “No!” he screamed down at me, “Your mine, I’m not letting him take you again!” I looked frantically around me hoping to catch a glimpse of that infamous burlap mask, suddenly David’s grip increased so heavily it caused a sickening crack to echo from my wrist, “God!” I screamed out as he still dragged me by my broken wrist. My breath came out raggedly as the pain from my wrist spread like poison up my arm; I needed to get away from him. I raised my heeled foot and forced it into the back of David’s knee; I pulled my hand out of David’s and pulled my heeled foot from David’s Knee as blood flowed heavily from the wound. He staggered forward, and then turned to look at me, his eyes were filled with fear and rage as he stumbled towards me, I walked backwards as his slowly thought movements gave me time. My eyes flickered through the dark desolate hall I stood in, as I hoped that the Scarecrow would save me.

Scarecrow’s POV

I strode through Arkham, as my fear toxin flooded the building. Not many people broken out of Arkham never mind breaking in. I brushed off the rubble dust from my black duster, and walked towards the medical bay, the door was open and inside was five cowering men, and one insane man, “Joker were is Ashleigh!?” I growled harshly through my burlap mask, the joker looked up at me with fear filled eyes yet that wild smirk still played on his lips, “Where is she!?” I screamed down at the clown, “Davy-poo took her.” he chuckled half-heartedly, as his body rocked back and forth on the floor. I stormed out of the room and began to run through the dark halls of Arkham Asylum, my fear toxin had infiltrated the building and infected almost everyone including David, he had an obsession with Ashleigh and that would only be exaggerated by the fear toxin. My eyes darted around me, voices screamed and cried out in the darkness for help, but none of them where Ashleigh’s voice. My teeth tore through my lip as I ran hard through the dense halls, suddenly, “God!” I looked around me in the blackness, it was Ashleigh. Her voice sounded like it was right next to me in this great darkness, I ran faster through the halls towards the source of her voice, “Stay away from me David!” She called out again in the darkness, now it felt like I was even further away from her voice, suddenly a scream echoed in the darkness followed by a thick crack. I pushed myself hard to find her, the darkness around me began to fade and I saw Ashleigh. Her black heels were covered with David’s bright red blood, she clutched at her wrist and slowly backed away from the large muscled figure which was David, he seethed as he walked towards her. I growled in the darkness causing both David and Ashleigh to look into the darkness that was my cloak, “Are you afraid David?” I called out growling deeply as I walked around both of them, “Scarecrow?” Ashleigh called out, into the darkness suddenly David’s rage filled eyes flickered back towards Ashleigh, “Stay away from her!” I pulled out my scythe and flicked out the rusted blade, “Oh, but I can’t David.” I emerged from the shadows with my blade in hand; the large man looked at me and growled causing saliva to exit his mouth, disgusting. Suddenly he grabbed Ashleigh by her long hair and pulled her against him, as he wrapped an arm around her neck, “You never deserved her! You ruined her life! I could give her a better life!” he screamed at me as Ashleigh scrapped her long heels against his jean covered shins, “Help me.” Ashleigh whispered as David’s grip crushed her throat, I looked back up at David and smirked. I raised my scythe, and bounded forward. I hooked the thin blade around the back of his knees and sliced deep causing his blue jeans to turn a shade of purple. He collapsed onto one knee. Suddenly Ashleigh pushed herself off the ground and flipped over his head onto his shoulders. She wrapped her legs around his own throat causing his fingers to claw at her fabric clad legs, I twisted around my scythe and using the butt of my scythe I forced it up into his lower jaw, causing his teeth to collide and crack together. Blood flowed from his mouth, but as Ashleigh moved herself from his shoulders his grabbed her body and slammed it into the ground. I growled and flipped my scythe again, this time this injury was going to be detrimental. My blade stabbed into his side and hooked underneath his ribs, I pulled his body off Ashleigh’s, and began to pull my sharp scythe through each of his ribs causing him to scream out in agony as I applied all my weight on the scythe keeping him pinned on the red carpeted floor which was turning black around him. My scythe was half way through his side, when I suddenly pulled my scythe from his side causing him to gasp for air. I Looked at Ashleigh who stood there amidst the blackness of the fear toxin where she belonged; I dropped my scythe and pulled away my burlap mask, and threw it against the corridor wall. It had been a year since the last time I had saw her, it felt like a dream. I walked up to her and saw tear form in her eyes as she spoke, “You left me here.” She stated, I swallowed hard as she spoke the truth, “I Know.” I stood toe to toe with her.