chapter 12- Will They Accept Her Once Again?

Scarecrow’s POV

I looked over my shoulder to see Ashleigh standing behind me; I slowly turned my head back towards to Two Face to be welcomed by a slackened jaw and wide eyes, “she’s alive.” I looked over the once hardened criminal in front of me tremble. His eyes didn’t leave Ashleigh reanimated form as he asked carefully, “how is she here? Like this?” Ashleigh stepped to my side, almost like a ghost, “Ra’s Al Ghul raised her from the dead.” The details which surrounded Ashleigh being here were avoided, finally Two Face faced me his eyes still wide with the shock of life, “why though?” I sighed and ground my teeth together, “because he wanted Ashleigh for his own means.” Short sentences were all I could manage, as my resent anger began to resurface. I ran my tongue over my ragged lips, and sighed, “What do you want Two Face?” he swallowed hard and slowly allowed his eyes to return to a reasonable size, “Joker’s out of Arkham.” I smirked slightly, and leaned against the door frame, with my arms folded over my chest, “how did he get out this time?” a distorted smile crept onto foreigner territory as Two Face’s lips curled fiercely, “help a guard hostage, using a fork.” Two Face shrugged, and looked down at Ashleigh, and cleared his throat, “how are you Ashleigh?” she smiled up at him, and shrugged and so easily stated, “Living.” I chuckled, and wrapped an arm around Ashleigh waist; he dragged his eyes away from Ashleigh’s unnatural living body and looked to me, “we’re celebrating down at the hideout tonight. Would you like to come down?” I looked down at Ashleigh who looked up at my with a smirk on her lips, and then turned to face Two Face, “when does it start?” once again a distorted smile crept onto Two Face’s lips, “it starts at six.” I chuckled and pushed myself away from the door frame, as two face turned away from my door, with a small jump in his step.

Ra’s Al Ghul’s POV

I raised my body from the electric liquid of the Lazarus pit, to be welcomed by Darius bowing before me, “any news on Ashleigh’s whereabouts Darius?” he stood silent and I climbed out of the Lazarus pit, and grabbed my black robe, “no Sir, Ashleigh has seemed to have vanished, she and the Scarecrow are untraceable.” I bared my teeth. My hand shot out and grasped Darius neck and raised him into the air, “you came to tell me, you failed Darius.” I opened my clenched hand and let Darius fall, and crumple onto the cold ground beneath him. I turned my back to him, and looked over my shoulder to look at his straightening form, “do not fail me again. Do whatever is necessary to find Ashleigh.” Darius clasped his neck as he sprinted away from, me in fear and obedience. I sighed and rubbed my temples as I began to question Ashleigh’s loyalty to me. She had ran away with the Scarecrow, even though I brought her to life. My fists clenched as my side, no matter the betrayal I needed her, and I was going to get her.

Ashleigh’s POV

I walked up the stairs to the room which the scarecrow had occupied since my death. I opened the door to the Scarecrow’s room, and could feel his despair during the months I had been gone. I sighed and closed the door behind me. I unzipped the tightly clinging dress and allowed the loosened garment to drop to my ankles. I sighed and opened the door which led me to the Scarecrow’s bathroom. I turned to the bright metal shower and glass shower screen and pressed the power button to reveal brilliant crystal water.  I pulled away the remaining clothing and entered the steaming water. I hissed as the water stung my skin, but soon I sighed as I relaxed. I began to hum a familiar tune as I swayed in the shower, I smiled gently and sang the only part of the song I knew, “Oh you bring me joy, yeah you bring me sadness, So you bring the love, so forget all the madness, I’m done with all the pain, I’m done with all the happenings, So you bring me joy, yeah you bring me sadness.” I repeated this chorus, as I swayed under the heated water. I closed my eyes as tilled my head upwards and allowed the hot water to run over my lost features.

I sighed as I reached out my hand and opened my eyes I grasped as small bottle of what seemed to be shampoo by the label. I lathered the clear substance into my hair and I allowed it to bubble and I ran my fingers through my thoroughly soaked hair. I washed the substance from my hair and leaned against the shower wall, which made me shiver, as the cool contrast was alien to my skin. I turned around it the large shower and pressed the power button to the shower delicately and stepped onto the cold and harsh marble floor. I still sang the only lyrics to a song I could remember as I grabbed a black towel and wrapped it around my pale figure. I walked to the white porcelain sink and wiped my hand across the steamed mirror; I sighed and looked at my pale, yet lively face. I raised a hand up to my face and watched my reflection as it traced almost invisible scars which lay on my face. I dropped my eyes from the mirror, to a familiar bright orange pill bottle; I grasped it in my hands and read the fading label, ‘5mg morphine.’ I lowered the pill bottle to the side of the sink and took a step back from the sink, and unwrapped the black woollen towel from around me and once again watched my reflection trace the more obvious scars on my body, the most evident from the crash. I sighed and wrapped my towel tighter around me and exited the bathroom.

Scarecrow’s POV

I sat on the king size bed in my room, and began to reflect on the missed feeling of Ashleigh lying next to me, giving me peaceful nights of sleep. I shook my head and looked at the floor beneath my feet. Then suddenly my head snapped up as I heard the bathroom door click open, to reveal Ashleigh wrapped tightly in a black woollen towel. I smiled up at her, in my relaxed position on the bed; she smiled back and walked around me to gently sit next to me on the bed. I hugged herself closely, as she sat next to me, “I need clothing Scarecrow.” I chuckled and looked back to the floor, “the only thing I can give you clothing wise, is a t-shirt and some old jeans.” She sighed and got up from the bed, not evening leaving a creak from the bed springs, as she walked towards my wardrobe, I pushed myself up from the bed and stood behind her petite frame as she searched my clothes. Slowly and slithered my arms around her waist, and rested my chin on her bare shoulder. She leaned into me as she pulled out one of my many plain black t-shirts. She stepped to my side, and slipped the black shirt over her bares shoulders and as she began to button the long shirt, as dropped the black towel from under it. She turned her back to me and walked over to the bed where she sat at the edge. I sighed hard; my heart was beating a mile a minute. I swallowed hard as my body tensed; I walked over to sit beside Ashleigh on the spring loaded bed which welcomed me with a known shriek.  I looked at Ashleigh’s funeral dress on the floor and then switched my gaze to Ashleigh’s chocker which lay on the bedside table. I reached for it and laid it lightly in my hands, “will you put it back on me?” I looked up to the beautiful woman sitting beside me and smiled gently, “of course.” She flipped her semi wet hair over her left shoulder as I placed the chocker against her pale neck. I clicked the clasp and kissed the base of her neck. She turned around to face me as I moved my lips from her neck.

She raised her dainty hands to wrap them around my neck; I sat tense as my heart felt like it was about to give out, just as she kissed me lips. My eyes grew wide, as she pulled me to her I wrapped my arms around her waist and closed my eyes pleasantly, but then suddenly it ended. I looked at Ashleigh with eyes filled with confusion only to be welcomed with a little kiss against my scarred lips, “I love you Scarecrow.” She whispered lightly almost as if her voice was barely existent. I smiled and pressed my curled lips against her, “Ashleigh I love you too.” I sighed and sat up straight, and looked to my leather watch to see it was five thirty in the afternoon. I sighed and looked down at the woman I loved who comfortably lay on my cold covers and then to my wide open window. How were the others going to react? Will they accept her once again?