chapter 5- Told The Story Of Her Death

Scarecrow’s POV

We stood over her grave, the ground had been obliterated around it and the casket she once lied in was open with no body inside. I could feel fear build up inside of me, why would someone do this? Was it a personal vendetta? I turned away from the grave and sighed loudly, “it was not your fault Scarecrow.” I looked over my shoulder to the batman and tried not to laugh. How was it not my fault? “Of course it was my fault; I should have looked after her in life and death.” I looked back to the grave and saw there was no sign of who did this crime. “Where could we find this Ra’s Al Ghul?”  Batman’s cold and calculating face suddenly broke as his face darkened, “he needs to be near a Lazarus pit, it’s his only was of surviving for so long.” I growled under my breath, “We need to find him.” We walked from the grave yard like too lingering souls of the dead as we began our search for the woman I loved.

Ashleigh’s POV

I was walked back to the room which I occupied followed by the rather happy looking Lucas, a huge smile was plastered across his face. I turned away from the rather unorthodox man and back towards the bed which I was to occupy. Suddenly the rather high pitched voice of Lucas rang out making me flinch, “I can’t believe that the Ra’s Al Ghul allowed me to look after you of all people.” I turned round to face the boy and growled, “What do you mean by of all people?” his smile grew larger, “well your Ashleigh Clark, you got kidnapped by the scarecrow and well its said you ended up well…dating him, and then you robbed a bank. Then you were involved in a car crash which was caused by Bane and then you died. The cool this was you got taken to the morgue by The Batman” Suddenly images of these events soon flooded my vision, feeling for the scarecrow entered my heart at bullet speed and finally hit. “Oh God.” My eyes dropped to the floor and tears dropped down my cheeks, “did I do something wrong?” came the now timid voice of Lucas, “no you didn’t.” I sighed and collapsed onto the bed; I placed my head in my hands and allowed my tears to pool there. Suddenly the doors which closed the room off from the world outside slammed open, “what have you done?!” the booming voice of Ra’s Al Ghul echoed through the room, “I didn’t do anything.” I looked up from my hands to see an angry Ra’s Al Ghul stalking towards Lucas. I leaped off the bed and ran in front of Lucas, blocking him from Lucas, “he did nothing wrong. All he did was give me some answers.” Ra’s Al Ghul took a step back and stared over my shoulder at the cowering figure of Lucas; suddenly he lunged forward and slammed both me and Lucas into one of the hard stone wall surrounding us.

My heart pounded in my chest, as Ra’s leaned over my slammed shoulder to Lucas which had been pinned to the wall behind me, “I told you not to tell her anything!” he growled eerily, suddenly his heated green eyes landed on me, he grip loosened on my shoulders allowing Lucas to escape from behind me, Ra’s growled once again, “go Lucas.” I saw his quick nod before he quickly exited the room. But as soon as his grip he slammed me straight back into the stone wall, I gripped at my shoulder collided harshly with the wall, he leaned in closer to me, as he pressed his lips against my ear, “I gave you a chance at a new life. I would give you the world and more. I didn’t tell you about the Scarecrow and your life before for a good reason.” He paused and moved his eyes back to mine, which were filled with something I had never seen before.

Ra’s Al Ghul’s POV

I looked into Ashleigh’s eyes and all I could see were deep pools of blue, I pulled her eyes and pressed my lips once again to her ear, “I didn’t want you to face death once again, it was unjust for you to die once but for you to die again would be of your own accord.” I pulled back from her ear to look into her eyes, which had become a pale blue and were lined with tears. Her lips trembled as she opened her rose coloured lips to speak, “how did I die?” I looked away from her eyes as tears began to spill, which made my heart wretch, as I saw the evident pain she was in. I pulled my hands away from her shoulders and applied them to her waist. I gently pushed her towards the mirror and stood behind her as she stared at her black dress clad body. I wrapped my arms fully around her waist and allowed her to lean on me, as I told the story of her death.