chapter 27- Even More Exhilaration

Scarecrow’s POV

Her brown hair fanned out across my chest. She long held breath pressed against me, I looked down at her pale face to see her eyes lids fluttering as she lay there dead to the world. My eyes flowed over her torso, as soon my eyes finally met with the cream sheets which pooled at her waist. I slowly moved my arms so I could wrap them around her, keeping her safe from the world. I kissed the top of her head, as the fiery sun rise began to peak over the tall skyscrapers which filled Gotham City.  I squinted my dark eyes as the sun slowly crept through our room window and hit the wooden floor. I looked into the light to see specks of dust dancing through the still air, as if they had a life of their own. I looked down at Ashleigh who lay soundlessly in my arms; a mangled smile slowly appeared on my lips, as Ashleigh’s eyes finally began to open, to welcome the warm yet harsh day light. She smiled against my chest and gently kissed it. She slowly raised herself up and looked at me with her pale blue eyes. We didn’t speak, we just lay there awake and in each other’s company, I looked around the room to see clothes throw everywhere and pieces of torn cloth, causing a small devious smirk to curl up on my scarred lips. I looked down at my own body to see that my scarred body was flushed, from the night before, causing heat to rise up into my cheeks. I looked down to see Ashleigh smirking at me with her beautiful dark pink lips; she raised a hand up to my cheek and gently grazed her nails over the light stubble there, she raised herself further up the bed. I felt utterly defenceless as her lips touched mine. My eyes became half lidded as I lay there beneath the woman I loved as she kissed me. Her hands gently moved over my scars, as she reached up and ran her hands through the thick hair. I sighed as I held her to me desperately, begging that this wasn’t a dream, soon she pulled away and looked at me with soft eyes, “I should get a shower.” She said meekly, I nodded and moved up to lean myself against the wooden headboard and smirked as she slowly searched around the room with her eyes for damaged clothing she quickly grabbed my dirty cream coloured shirt and wrapped it around herself, she slowly moved from the bed and walked into the bathroom with a bashful smile on her lips. I lay there for a few minutes waiting for the shower water to run, and as it did I heard my heavy shirt drop against the bathroom floor in a thud.

Ashleigh’s POV

I sighed as the hot water slid over my skin. My body felt raw from the night before, causing me to smirk. I pressed the pads of my fingers against my swollen lips, causing the smirk to grow larger. I chuckled lightly and began to hum; I quickly lathered my bruised and raw body, and washed away the sweat that lay against my skin. I quickly towel dried my body, I wiped the condensation from the mirror, and looked down at my naked body, finger print bruises lined my hips and waist, and my healing wrist had a dark purple ring around it. I wrapped my towel around my naked body and exited the bathroom. I looked around the room to see the bed had been remade, and all the torn clothing from last night had been disposed of. I saw the Scarecrow looking out of the bedroom window; he looked over his shoulder and smirked at me. He pulled his body away from the window and walked towards me. He was fully dressed, a cream shirt cover his marred yet muscular chest, and a pair of brown slacks lined his legs, but his feet were bare. His smirk slowly faded into a smile as he stood toe to toe with my towel wrapped body. “How are you feeling?” his voice was hoarse, as his eyes roamed my exposed skin. His fingertips gently brushed the ring of dark bruising around my wrist, I smiled up at him and looked into his deep eyes, “I’m fine, but last night may have left me a little worse for wear.” I chuckled slightly as I moved away from the scarecrow and sat on the edge of the bed. He followed quickly behind, with a large smirk plastered on his lips, “Whatever do you mean, Ashleigh?” The scarecrow moved his body over mine causing me to lie back against the mattress. He slowly lowered himself onto his side and lay besides me as his eyes moved over my body, my mouth went dry as his dark eyes caught mine, “Well, there’s some easily explained bruises.” The scarecrow chuckled deeply, as his hand moved to my hip; he hummed lightly in agreement, as his hand travel to my waist. Soon he moved his body back over mine. His dark eyes held wickedness, as his fingers began to tug at my towel, “Do you mind if I see.” I slowly leaned up and smirked, darkness flashed through his eyes again, as my lip pushed against him, I slowly leaned back down as the Scarecrow pulled the thin towel away from my body. Suddenly a hard knock echoed from the front door, the Scarecrow growled against my lips causing my smirk to grow bigger. My hands reached up and tangled themselves in his hair. I gasped as the scarecrow’s hands gripped my hips, pulling his body impossibly closer to mine, as the knocking on the door continued. I chuckled and moved my head to the side causing The Scarecrow’s lips to latch onto my neck, “There not going to go away.” The Scarecrow groaned and pushed up off my body, “Fine, but first there’s some clothing in the wardrobe.” I nodded as the Scarecrow swiftly left the room and went towards the never ending knocking.

I walked towards the wardrobe and found a set of silk lingering; I pulled these on quickly as the Scarecrow opened the door. I searched the wardrobe further to find a pair of black skinned jeans and a V-neck t-shirt. I walked out of the room, and padded quietly down the stairs, suddenly a high pitched cackle moved through the house, causing me to groan, of all the people to come here it had to be him. “So where is our dear beloved Ashleigh? I hope she isn’t hiding.” Another high pitched laugh rang out, which was joined by a second high pitched laugh. I followed the voices, “She’ll be joining us soon clown.” The Scarecrow mumbled as I quickly walked into the sitting room, the Joker sat next to Harley on the broken sofa. I cleared my throat causing the Joker and Harley to look over their shoulders to me. Suddenly Harley squealed and bounded towards me like a big red and black puppy. She hugged me tightly, and quickly began to talk, “OhI’vemissedyousomuchashleighit’sbeenhellwithoutyou!Ireallyhavemissedyou!”I didn’t understand any of it. Suddenly she pulled away, and smiled widely, “I can’t believe it’s been a year!” I smiled at her as she once again pulled me into a bone crushing hug. “Harley calm down.” She suddenly pulled away as I wheezed for air, “sorry Ashleigh, me, Selina and Ivy have really missed you.” I chuckled and smiled at Harley, “I know I’ve missed you too.” Harley smiled even more widely and then bounced back towards the Joker. I rolled my eyes and he moved towards me, the Scarecrow began to growl under his breath, “It has been a while Ashleigh, you haven’t changed much except from the hair, I gotta say I like your natural hair colour.” His hand reached out to stroke my hair but suddenly his wrist was grabbed in a vice like grip, I looked at the scarecrow who held the joker’s hand away from my hair, “Don’t you dare touch her.” He growled as he let go of the joker’s wrist. The Joker chuckled widely, “What your problem Scarecrow?” The Scarecrow, pulled me to him, pressing my back against his chest, as he wrapped his arms around my waist, his lips lightly pressed against my neck. “My problem is that, after these last two years I’m feeling rather selfish when it comes to Ashleigh.” he hummed gently, as he nuzzled my neck. “But also Clown you interrupted us with your knocking.” I felt a smirk grow on the Scarecrow’s lips as he pressed a kiss on my neck. “The Joker cackled and stumbled away, “Well we’re very sorry for that Scarecrow. Harley I think we should leave these two love birds to it.” Harley giggled in a childish way and called out, “Good Bye!” as the door slammed behind her. I sighed as The Scarecrow pressed his lips firmly against my base of my neck; I gave a small moan as his lips trailed up and down my neck. He quickly twisted me around and pressed his lips against mine. I quickly turned us around and pressed him down onto the sofa, he smirked up at me as I quickly pressed a bruising kiss against him lips, and repeated last night’s events, with even more exhilaration.