15

Chris

*two weeks later*

Zach is getting really dodgy and suspicious lately and I'm curious as to why. It started a few days ago when he turned down hanging out and then refused to let me over to his house. He said his mom was on a business trip so he had to watch his baby sister and she didn't do well with strangers. Perfectly understandable it's just the way he said it that made me suspicious. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but after a few days I was getting restless. I give it a day or two then went to his house.

"Please leave Becca." He says quietly and I see him holding a little baby, hardly 1, wrapped in a pink blanket.

"Gimme it and I'll be on my way."

"No. And her name is Rumor."

If she's his little sister then why is she trying to take her?

"I don't care what it's name is it's my child!" Wait what?

"Which you're unfit to raise so when we broke up I took the child."

"I could have you arrested for kidnapping."

"And I could have your custody rights revoked from the trauma you've caused her."

"What trauma?"

"Dropping her on several occasions, leaving her at the nursery overnight, malnourishment, abandoning her on my doorstep. Shall I continue?"

"Gimme the child!" She shouts and Rumor starts wailing. I decided to step in and ushered Becca out.

"Chris?!"

"You're lucky your behavior lately had me suspicious. Else she'd have made off with your child. And second your fucking child wasn't important enough to tell me, your boyfriend, about?!"

"I was scared of how you would react."

"A Hell of a lot better then I am now!"

"Do you hate me?"

"What? No, no I could never hate you." I kissed his head and he sighs with relief. He then rocks her back to sleep and I promised to help him raise her.

"She needs a mother figure in her life though."

"I have a friend that can help with that if you'll let me tell my friends."

He nods so I told everyone and soon we were back at Ricky's house with Ash. She's a great "mommy".

"So how'd this happen?"

"Well Devin when a man and woman fall in love-"

"Not that! You know what I meant."

"Yeah I'm just messing with you. Two words. College party."

We all nod and he explained it wasn't even love. Just lots and lots of beer.

"So technically you're a dad now Chris?"

"I never thought of it that way."

"You'll have to wrestle her from Ash though. Think she's getting attached."

We laughed and just carried on with doing nothing important.