Unexpected Hero (Chapter 1)

Hey everyone! Admin here! Okay so hope you enjoy my first fanfic! I can't wait to continue with this! THIS WILL BE CONTINUED! This is not the only chapter! I hope you all enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The long, dark alleys of the city streets were eerily creepy tonight as Mikasa walked down them. Her trembling hands slipped into her pockets, and she glanced around cautiously as she walked down the long alley. What if someone found her? Would things get ugly? She was strong though, so she really was not all that afraid. If she had to fight, she could.

The rats and mice that scavenged for food squeaked and raced past her. The alley was quite dirty, and Mikasa really didn't fancy walking through them, but this was the quickest way to her house, so she didn't mind, even if it did have a little risk. And just because it was dark and scary, it didn't mean it wasn't safe... right? Mikasa always argued with herself about the safety of those alleys, but now that she was walking down it, she realized she had no time to think, but to just move.

A voice made her jump. She spun around to see a tall, horse-faced man, about her age (17) standing there, smirking. He had short light-brown hair and bronze eyes. "Why, hello there."

Her gaze, shocked first, calmed and turned back around, ignoring him. He was dressed in a dark leather jacket, ripped black jeans, black fingerless gloves, and black boots. Little dull spikes lined the gloves, chains hanging from his pockets. This guy was obviously a hooligan of some sort. Something glistened from his pockets; it had caught her eye when she examined him before turning around.

"Hold up there, pretty." He chuckled. She clutched her fists in her pockets. This was going to turn ugly. She turned back around, keeping a calm demeanor, trying not to lose it.

She faced him, a dark expression in her obsidian eyes. "What do you want, freak?" she muttered.

He laughed, "Very good, sweetheart. You're a pretty one, aren't you? Where you from, beautiful?" he asked.

"None of your business." She hissed.

"Okay then." He chuckled again, "Are you heading to your house?"

"Yeah." She said flatly, removing her hands from her pockets.

He moved closer to her. "Well, maybe I can walk you home tonight? It's pretty dark, and I don't want you getting lost. And then maybe we can hang out at your place..." He reached hastily for her hands.

She tried to pull away, but his tough grip held her hands. "And maybe we can see where it goes from there?" he laughed curiously, and started to move closer again.

"Let go of me." She demanded.

"Sorry, sweetheart." He said, "You're too pretty to let go. I can't waste this chance, can I?"

She tried to break free, struggling with him. He moved forward to kiss her, his lips making contact with her cheek.

Suddenly, a dark black figure dropped from an overhead balcony. In a flash, Mikasa's attacker let go, and fell backwards, the dark figure standing over him. She could make out the figure to be a young man, seemingly the same exact age as her attacker. He was shorter, just about Mikasa's height, maybe an inch or so taller. He wore the same exact clothes as the light-brown haired man.

Mikasa gasped at the sudden release, and stumbled back, hitting her back against the brick wall of the alley. She admired her savior, who turned around to flash her a sympathetic look. He had tousled brown hair, and cheekbones that slightly poked out a bit. He looked very muscular, muscles peeking out from the leather jacket's sleeves. She could see helix piercings, the silver rings poking out from his flawless ears. On his fingers he wore many gold rings, lining each of his perfect fingers. His eyebrows, thick and long were down, making him seem almost angry. But right below his eyebrows were the most gorgeous eyes Mikasa had ever seen. They were a bluish-jade green turquoise color, or some color in between. They were glistening in determination, and something more. Was it anger? Fear? Hatred? She couldn't tell. All she knew was that they were the handsomest eyes she'd ever seen in her entire life. He was handsome. It was as if she could feel his touch already. But why was she thinking like this? She'd never thought or admired a guy like this before. Why all of a sudden, when she sees this boy...