Returning (Chapter 5)

Hey everyone! So here's Chapter 5! So sorry I didn't post like I said I was; I had a long night setting up for my family's Easter party (which was today, so obviously I was very busy again this morning), so I wasn't able to post. But here's Chapter 5, nice and new!

Sorry this is so late, like I mentioned in a previous Author's Note, school's been kinda kicking my ass lately. So I'm very sorry, I hope none of you are mad!

Oh, that reminds me, for anyone that celebrates: Happy Easter, and have a blessed day (and/or night)!

I guess this'll be my Easter present for you all! ;) 

Hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eren woke up again, still chained to the pole in the warehouse. Everything was eerily quiet. The lights were off, and silence consumed the air around him, chilling him to the bone. He struggled for warmth; he was so, so cold.

He could hear muffled calls, and for a moment, they almost sounded like his own name.

"...ren!" they called, "....en!"

"Hello?" Eren called out.

The voices got closer. "Eren!"

"Guys!" Eren cried out with relief. "Over here!"

The door on the second floor swung open a moment later. Armin and Jean came bursting through. Jean still had cuts and bruises on his face, probably just as many as Eren did, but they seemed to have slightly lightened and dried up.

"God dammit, Eren." Jean muttered, "How the hell did you even get yourself caught up in a mess like this one?"

"Can't say it was all my fault." He replied simply. "Now get me out of this damned thing."

Armin was already working on the lock. "Just a light wiggle here, and-" the lock popped off the pole- "Got it."

"Thanks man," Eren shook his hands violently, reveling in the sweet freedom of being able to use his hands. He rubbed Armin teasingly on the head, ruffling his hair. "What would we do without your brains?" Armin smiled at him nervously, while Jean started off to the door.

"C'mon, guys." Jean said, motioning with hands to follow him. "Reiner and the others 've got the East on hold. We've got to get outta here."

"Where are they?" Eren demanded.

"Connie lured them out into the courtyard, and the guys, are trying to get them away from the warehouse as fast as possible, while we came into grab you."

"Is everyone okay?"

"Perfectly fine." Armin answered almost immediately.

Jean's expression confused Eren. His brows draped low, an irritated frown draped across his lower face, nose crumpled in a weird way that wasn't... well, Jean. Eren didn't bother to even question it, knowing Jean was probably being an oversensitive little bitch like always.

"Alright, let's get outta here." Was the only thing Eren muttered.

Armin led the way, Eren in the middle and Jean at the rear. They stayed on high alert, hoping and praying that there wasn't one gang member hiding around, waiting for a perfect time to ambush them. They snuck on in silence, listening deeply for any sounds of movement where their eyesight could not view.

The place felt still, murky, and damp, and it gave Eren chills all over. He could feel the goose bumps rising over his smooth, tanned skin. He could feel the sweat pooling in the small of his back. He just wanted to get out of here. He missed Mikasa. He wanted to give her the biggest hug, and sneak some kisses in there, too, why not?