Healing (Chapter 6)

Whoa there! *Admin* actually posted a chapter the DAY AFTER they updated it yesterday?! Someone get the apocalypse warnings sent out! Hurry! XD

So, after writing the last chapter, and getting so much kind, instant feedback from all of you, I went full-force on the next chapter. I put a lot of fluff into this, and WHOA! I even did a little play-on-words with (one of) everyone's favorite Eremika scenes! ;) <3 

READ THIS!!! So I'm going to be adding YouTube links to songs I listened to while writing these chapters. Some songs I'm playing while writing are always so good, and give me so much inspiration and accompany the chapter so well, so here's the first one! 

[And I also am going to be putting *insert name here*'s P.O.V. (Point of view) from now on, because I think it'll help out the story better!]

Also, sorry if it seems a little shorter, I honestly really didn't know what else to write for this chapter. Hope you enjoy it anyhow!

~~~~~~~~~

[MIKASA'S P.O.V.]

It'd been two days since Eren's capture and quick return. Mikasa had been tending to Eren's wounds day after day, as they slowly healed and he grew stronger. And every day she was in his home caring and looking after him, the closer and closer they got. And she loved that.

Eren was on a crutch for a few days, his leg so sore that he couldn't walk on it. Most of his cuts were scabs, and they were obviously healing, too. His bruises faded, and he was able to talk to people now without twitching and wincing every time he did something. He begged a couple of times to go see the gang, but Mikasa refused to let him, at least not until he was better. She couldn't see him get hurt anymore, and he needed some time to heal. He even tried to sneak out a few times, but Mikasa always had a keen, close eye on him.

Both nights she would sleep in his bed with him, humming little rhymes and hymns she'd collected over the years. With her parents gone, she really didn't listen to many of them anymore, so she gathered collectively the ones she remembered.

She'd also learned that Eren's parents were both dead, too, and it was just he living alone in an apartment. That was another pro to being the one to take care of Eren; she learned so much about him. From what she'd understood, (Eren didn't make it very clear, seeming that it was hard for him to talk about), Eren's parents died in a fire, and he lost their house and most of their possessions. He was able to recover a few of his old toys and things, but he couldn't recover much of his parents' things. The few things he did collect were stored away in a closet. He didn't really want to look at them, but he felt more comfortable knowing that he still had even a little piece of his parents within his reach, even if he refused to look at them. Mikasa could kindly understand this.

"Mikasaaa!" Eren groaned, limping into the kitchen, without his crutch. "Look, I can walk, can I please go with the guys now?"

Mikasa, who was reading a magazine in the kitchen, got up from her chair and hurried over to him. "No, Eren. You need to heal. And that's not walking, baby. That's limping." She couldn't resist his puppy eyes on a normal day. Though still extremely hard to ignore, she had to push it aside.

"Come on, Mika." His little pet name usually got him his way, too. "I hate being stuffed in this crammed little apartment all day, for the past two days. Come on."

Mikasa sighed, and suppressed a smirk. "You're annoying, you know that?"

"I knew this for years. Just ask Jean." He stuck his tongue out at her.