05| Unwanted and rejected ✔️

***

It's okay to be a glowstick;
Sometimes,
we need to break before we shine.

***

Nellie and I set about to prepare the pack dinner after coming home.

I ended up burning my palm in the process. But three years of training told me that it was best not to cry. I told Nellie I needed a minute and went to bandage my left palm.

The dinner was just as usual. The pack members thanked Nellie and me for the dinner by throwing a lot of insults our way.

"Hey fatty!!" one of Aden's lapdogs yelled. Yeah, that one was for me. "You don't want to eat the leftovers do you? A bit of a diet won't kill your bulky stomach."

I bit back the urge to roll my eyes.

Fatso? Me?

They better get a good look at themselves. Evan Luke, Aden's supposed best friend was as lean and lanky as a blue whale. Oh but then that was just 'puppy fat'.

The pack soon finished dinner and left but not before ruining my face with the cake I had spent two hours baking for dessert. Apparently, they wanted to see me with a bit of makeup.

Scoundrels.

I said nothing while I cleaned up the mess they made and went to wash the cream off my face. Nellie, I and a few other omegas supped on the leftovers and washed the plates.

Once everyone went to sleep I sneaked out for a run.

I looked back at the dark pack house and barely contained a smile. All day long, slogging and serving these ungrateful people, now was the time I could actually do what I wanted.

Zara seemed delighted as she took control. Bones cracked and fur grew out of my skin as I morphed into my lupine form. My furry tail swished with excitement.It had been a week since I went out for a run. Of late I always felt someone watching me sneak out. My nerves prickled and hackles on my back rose. But for some reason, Zara was always at ease.

Relax, she'd tell me. If he was a rogue, I'd know. Instincts never lie.

I ran ten miles in my wolf form along the perimeter and then a few in my human form. As the moon climbed higher, my pace slowed and I took a detour to the gym. Unlocking the door, I made my way towards the long row of punching bags. Wearing a pair of black gloves, I drew in a deep breath. Put distance between my feet and angled my body forward.

I pictured Alpha Jason's face in my mind.

BAAM!

My fist shot out like lightning.

A zing shot down my spine as the chains rattled. Adrenaline pumped through my veins.

I pictured Evan Luke.

BAAM! The next one.

Then another as Nicole Sanders appeared next.

I ignored the sweat trickling down my forehead. The salt made my eyes itch and water, but I was undeterred. I needed this—the thrill of the punch, the power flooding through me. I might not be allowed to train anymore—but no one could take this away from me.