06| Over and out ✔️

***
That feeling you get
in your stomach,
when your heart is broken,
is like all the butterflies
just died.

***

I gasped as his words made sense.

Zara was howling in agony while the tears I had managed to control till then flowed down my cheeks blurring my vision.

I pushed him away and ran blindly to one of the empty classrooms.

Locking the door behind me, I sat on the floor hugging my knees while I cried my heart out.

Yes I was the one who slapped him.But that was only because I hated him for torturing me for past three years. I did like him, albeit it was a very small part in me. I wanted to try, but he was way too reckless, way too unapologetic for my liking. I wanted him to take it slow; I just wanted him to understand what I was going through.

I wasn't eighteen yet, he should have known and given me time especially because he and the rest of the pack were the ones who turned me into a stupid cowardly weakling.

No person on this planet deserved to go through the pain of rejection, not even the devil himself. Moreover, he had gone so far as to remind be of all my miseries.

Everything about that ill fated day came rushing back to my mind once again - Arie's kidnapping, Dad's death, my own near death experience with the rogue... every single thing still vivid and clear.

A knock at the door brought me to my senses. Hurriedly wiping my tears I stood up and opened the door.

Big mistake.

I should have known for there he stood in all his glory, the Master of my Miseries. He had come to rub more salt on my wounds.

"I..." He began hesitantly.

I did not stay there a second longer unable to hear the same painful voice again and again. I ran towards the school gate occasionally bumping to someone or the other. But thankfully. I heard no footsteps behind me.

I ran back to the pack house and avoided whoever came in sight. I went straight to my Mom and began to cry in her arms again.

I didn't think she would be much of a comfort until I felt her arms wrap around me.

She wiped the tears from my face and kissed my forehead. Somehow that simple gesture seemed comforting.

Part of me just wanted to be petted and hugged. All I wanted then was to be loved and cared for. I hugged her back and told her all that had happened.

"Nellie was right Mom, she was right. He rejected me. He is everything a mate shouldn't be. He rejected me and left me to die! He doesn't care a whit about me!" I cried cuddling up to her my tears spilling all over my jumper. Mom said nothing but held me close to her as she patted my back sympathetically.

I heard her steady heart beats as she held me close and eventually I fell asleep.

It was already evening when I woke up. I was surprised to see myself in my own room, however I quickly let that slide when I noticed the time.I shot out of bed and hurried to the kitchen to prepare the pack dinner. Nellie was in already in the kitchen when I entered.

She smiled feebly noticing my puffy eyes and red nose. I wondered if anyone else apart from Aden and I knew what had happened.

"Want to talk about it?" She asked. I simply shook my head and began helping her. Part of me was relieved no one knew about it yet.