16| Present vs Past ✔️

A/N : (I M P O R T A N T)

The part wherein Ashton tells Kiara he had a human mate previously has been added only recently. So most of the inline comments before Mar 28th regarding this topic will make no sense to you. Try not to get confused after seeing them. And if you do, don't hesitate to ask questions. I'm still revamping the story but I didn't have the heart to take it down seeing there's a constant influx of new readers. Unpublishing the book while they are halfway through can really be quite disappointing for them.

Thanks for understanding. If you do see confusing scenes, do me a favor and comment there. It's easier to spot mistakes and I could always do with a few helping hands. :)

Love, Christine.

***

He's not my boyfriend,
But I love his smile, his eyes,
his kindness & all the
times we laughed together...

I guess I fell in love with our
friendship...

***

My scissors froze midway when I heard the door knob turn. Quickly without thinking I slid myself into the wardrobe (of places I could choose) and shut the door.

Turned out to be a bad idea. Very bad idea.

I should have hidden under the bed - it would have been so much more spacious. Zara rolled her eyes at my stupidity.

The entire wardrobe stank of smelly socks and sweaty clothes. I scrunched up my nose in disgust. Cleanliness score on the scale of 10 would be -10.

Ugh... I'd rather be discovered than tolerate this stench!

The footsteps grew closer but they seemed to halt just outside. "Kiara?" A voice called out.

I blinked. Wasn't that Ashton? And what on earth was he doing here?

"Meowww" I purred sarcastically. Meaning - who else, nitwit?

The door opened and a pair of brown eyes peeped inside. Seeing me his eyes widened. "If you lacked enough clothes, you could have just told me!" He said, shaking his head disapprovingly, "Stealing is bad."

I nearly gagged I realized how he interpreted the situation. "I have better choices." I said, jumping out with the gracefulness of a baby gorilla.

Ashton cocked his head, puzzled. "What then? Are you trying to come out of the closet or something?" A smirk curved his lips. "Something you want to tell me?"

I threw him a withering look.

His eyes travelled downwards to my hands. "Really, Ki?" He snorted, "Donald Duck boxers? I thought you had better taste."

I looked down to see I was still clutching the boxers in my hand, well what were boxers anyway.

"I do have better taste, not that it's any of your business." I grumbled, wrinkling my nose as the stench of sweat wafted up my nose. "What did you come here for anyway?"

To my surprise he turned a deep shade of pink. "It's none of your business either."

I frowned at the tomato face in front of me. Was his secret so embarrassing to reveal?

"You won't tell me? Your childhood buddy, your best friend, your-"

"No." He said obstinately, crossing his arms and looking away.