11| A token of recognition ✔️

***

Friends ask why you're
crying.
Best friends already have the
shovel ready to bury the loser
that made you cry.

***

The rest of the day flew by uneventful. Ashton introduced me to Max and Nick, the two dark haired twins and Claire, the Gamma of his pack. He even took me to l Elena, his mother. Elena, Luna Diana and Mom were close friends and Elena had often brought along Ashton when they were kids.

"Ki, would you like to come shopping with me? I intend to buy a few clothes for Nora, since she outgrows them so quickly." Bella poked a head through the door.

It had already been three days since I was reunited with the Blood Hounds.

"Sure," I nodded. A few new clothes would do me good since many of the clothes I wore were already torn or worn out. "I'm in."

I followed Bella to the driveway. As the giant metal doors rolled up, I found myself face to  face with with the most beautiful array of cars. There were three Jaguars, two Mercedes, three BMWs and a Porsche. Sleek, shiny, they were each a beauty on wheels.

I swallowed. My throat was dry.

"You own this?

She nodded. "We own this." Our pack members  own a bunch of stocks in the market. Some of our omegas are very clever and she acts as our advisor. "Of course, that's not our only source of income."

My eyebrows shoot up. "What else?"

She shrugs, oddly cryptic. "A little bit of this and that. Some real estate. Some shares." A pause. "Nothing illegal though. Can't have the FBI come sniffing for us in case we're exposed."

"Which one are we going in?" I asked.

She smirked. "The black Porsche, Ki. That baby's mine."

"Doesn't Ash have a car?"

"He does.That's the Black Mercedes over there. You should see his heart eyes at every car wash." She rolled her eyes dramatically as we made our way to her car.

Unlocking the door, we slid in and I put on the seatbelt while she started the car.

I knew how car crazy boys were. Aden drove a red Porsche and he treated it like his own mate. As much as I hated him, I always felt a pang of envy when I watched him drive by. His Dad had gifted that on his sixteenth birthday.

Spoilt rich kid? Check.

Bella and I drove towards the nearest mall. We nearly bought the half the Pink Panther store for Nora. Next Bella bought me a few pairs of jeans,, rompers, sandals and boots. She splurged on a gown for my upcoming coming-to-age birthday celebration.

Three hours later, we staggered out of the mall carrying a truckload of stuff. "I hope this will last until next year." She told me doubtfully. "I got a few new clothes for our omegas too. Raine had a baby last month and she was quite upset with the way it changed her body. This should cheer her up."

I smiled. Nellie would've love this woman to pieces.

"How about a visit to the salon? You could do with a nice haircut. I haven't cut my hair since ages."