Chapter 18

[A/N] Happy new years, guys! I figured I'd update today, because why not? This starts in Isabel's POV (Whoop whoop, new POV guys!) but the second time you see my little squiggly friends, it's back to Levi. I feel like I have to dumb down my writing because of Isabel's personality, you know? She wouldn't talk all fancy, I don't think. [Edit] Now that I'm done writing this chapter... HOLY FUCK THIS CHAPTER IS LONG. Hope you guys enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~

I was scared. I couldn't move. I wanted to, but my feet were practically frozen. It looked just as scared as I was for only a moment, but then it spoke to me. When I heard it's voice, I knew exactly what I was looking at.

"What are you, girl? You are not human, and you are not a beast like myself."

It's voice- well, I assume it's a he at this point- was intimidating. It was as if the devil himself had possessed and was speaking through him. Of course, I didn't want to stay there any longer than I had to. Actually, I didn't have to stay at all, but I felt like I needed to know what he would do. He didn't hurt me, which was good, but I didn't hesitate in hightailing it as fast I could back to Sir Levi Ackerman.

"Sir!" I yelled as I turned and ran. I hoped he wasn't chasing after me, because I saw how fast he ran. He could have caught me in an instant, but the fact that he hadn't already told me I was safe... for now. But Sir Ackerman's safety wasn't guaranteed just because mine had been momentarily secured.

I ran and ran, forgetting the reason I had been away in the first place. Maybe I was getting something, or finding someplace for Sir Ackerman and I to rest in safety, but it didn't matter now.

I had just been face to face with the superhuman killer.

"Ah, Ta- Isabel, you've returned rather quickly. Did you find anything to eat, perchance?"

I heard his voice in front of me, and I flinched slightly. I was thankful that beast didn't follow me, thankful to see my master in front of me. I had never really thought of him as my master until recently, because it hadn't occurred to me that he had found me and taken care of me. Instead of answering him, I simply tackled him in a hug and clung to him.

"Oi, what are you-? Oi! Isabel, release me! Let me g-!"

I ignored his cries and blurted out what had happened.

"I saw him, sir! I saw him!"

He looked confused and gave me a weird look. I'd imagine he would be confused, I didn't tell him who exactly I saw. But since he didn't have a name, I guess it didn't come out as quickly as he or I would have hoped.

"Who exactly did you see?"

I wasn't surprised to hear the question. I wasted no time in answering him, because due my heightened senses, I could hear a large, angry mob approaching us, and quickly.

"I saw the killer! He and I were face to face, he spoke to me!"

His face went white. He was pale already, so I couldn't believe he could get any paler, but lo and behold. He was about to speak when I cut him off and yanked him to his feet. I whisper-yelled to him, because I feared the mob hearing me.

"We have to run, now! The killer didn't follow me, but I hear an angry mob coming our way! He must have made it seem like we're the culprits, so we have to run! Now!"

Luckily, he didn't argue with me, but rather started running in the direction opposite of the one I came in. I had to slow to his pace, only because I could run slightly faster than he could due to me being a half-breed fox. It bugged me a little, but I could deal with it.