Epilogue

And so, this is where our story must take it's rest.

We have endured much together, haven't we? You were there when this story of twisted romance and murder began, weren't you, dear reader? You saw what became of us during this dark time. We went our separate ways... and in a twist of fate, we found each other again, broken in our own ways. The love we never thought we shared was what reunited us. And to think, all because of one melody, played throughout the generations. And now, as we take our final bow, this song plays again, marking the true ending of our plight.

However, this is only the start. Of what, you ask, dear reader? Of a new beginning. A life full of love, loyalty, and unity, one that has only been for a short time. From now on, only our deaths will be able to separate us. Together, we learned to face things as one. We brought our country to a new age; an age of peace. They no longer cower in their homes in fear of one another; they welcome their neighbors with open arms, no matter their race, ethnicity, sex, or background. All is now well in our fair country, having finally escaped from the debt we owed to the world. How wonderful it is, now that we have righted our wrongs...

One regret lingers with us still, however... We cannot share our next journey with you.

But do not fret, dear reader.

You are also destined for something greater than you know. You will find love and prosper, breaking through seemingly impassable obstacles, just as we did. It is our desire that you understand the purpose of our one-sided conversation with you. Please, keep in mind that a fate such as this does not require you to be of high status, a tragic background, or to possess a broken and demented soul. It does not require superhuman powers or life-threatening dangers.

No matter who you may be, you can create a story of your own, filling the chapters in the book of your life one by one. Eventually, there will come a man or a woman whom you care for unendingly. With the right words, with the right actions, your lives will become united as one. From then on, you will forever share a plethora of wonderful memories. And, as time passes, you will be able to open the picture book of your lives together and smile at all of the wonderful things you see.

However, this person may not be the first you meet. You may have to try again, and again, and again. But you mustn't let failure stop you. You must endure, dear reader, and push through anything life throws at you... just as we have. We have overcome many things in our journey, and so will you. Undoubtedly, you will not be alone.

Do not be afraid to open your mind and heart to those around you. This is the only way you will find the one worthy of sharing the rest of their life with you, in perfect harmony. And if you do not heed this advice... that is alright, dear reader, for the one whom you're destined to be with will find you eventually. With a strong enough will, they will push past the barrier surrounding your heart, and you will be changed, forever. They will make you smile when you're down, and they will make you love yourself when you think otherwise. Who knows? You may have already found the one.

Oh, we have gone on much too long, haven't we? There is not much else we would like to say to you, fortunately. We wouldn't want to keep us all stuck here longer than necessary, would we? No, that would be rude. You likely have somewhere to be right now. With your family, likely. Maybe a loved one? Whomever they are, they likely miss you. You wouldn't want to keep them waiting, would you?

It's not only you that has somewhere to be. We have our own journey to take, don't we? There are also many places we must go as well. Though not physically, however. Do you understand what we mean? Maybe not. But it's alright if you don't, dear reader. All you need to worry about is your own company. Could you do us a favor, though? A kindness that would please us to no end? Please, wish us well in our journeys together. It's a small request, one you could do without thinking, but we would greatly appreciate it. In return, we'll do the same for you, dear reader. It's the least we could do for accompanying us for this long.

And now, we must depart. It was fun talking to you, we assure you. Hopefully, we can meet you again sometime. Maybe you could come back for a small visit to look through the story of our hardships, and our revelation. How nice that would be...

Ah, but that is only wishful thinking. Do not feel obligated to do such a thing, dear reader. However, as aforementioned, it would be simply splendid to meet you again. I'm sure we would both benefit from that. We could prepare some tea for all of us, sit down and have a chat about whatever crosses our minds... the weather, the country, our personal lives, things like that.

Of course, it could take more time. Maybe it will be after we become the country's dearly departed that you finally come back to visit. To that, I say this;

It may not have been the last opportunity. Do you understand?

We may not be limited to this time... to this life.

Who knows what the universe has in store?

Oh, but we have dawdled too long. We must attend to things. The wedding is not long from now. So, regretfully, we must depart. It is as we said, however... our story must take it's rest. But just because one falls asleep, it does not mean they will not wake again, correct?

We have had a marvelous time with you. Stay kind, stay beautiful, stay endearing, stay willing, stay determined. But most of all... stay loving.

Goodbye, dear reader. May we meet again.

Sincerely,
The Prince and his Servant