XVIII

"Are they still out there?" Dean asked Seth and Roman as they walked into the locker room.
Both men stopped cold as they saw an unconscious Tia lying on the couch and a wash cloth in Dean's hand.
"Dean," Seth began.
"What did you do?" Roman finished.
Dean started breathing heavily as if he just ran a marathon. "I panicked," he said.
"Like you're doing right now?" Seth asked.
"She was screaming for her parents," Dean continued, ignoring him. "She was screaming about going home. I had to make her be quiet. I had to do something."
"So you knock her out with chloroform?!" Roman exclaimed. "Are you crazy? That stuff can kill her!"
Dean stops breathing. What if he killed Tia? What if she's dead right now?
Dean whirled around and crouched down beside Tia. Pressing his ear against her mouth, he relaxed as he heard Tia's steady breathing.
"Dude, this is really getting out of hand," Roman said. "There's a way we can give her back without facing any trouble with the law."
"No!" Dean and Seth yelled in unison.
Dean frowned at Seth, but his friend wouldn't meet his gaze.
"She's not going back, Roman," Dean stated firmly.
Roman sighed, rubbing his temples. "Whatever," he mumbled. He turned to the door and opened it up.
"They're gone," Seth answered before following Roman out.
With them gone, Dean turned back to Tia and pushed hair out of her face. "I'm sorry," he told her. "But you were scaring me. What if your parents ran in here? What if security ran in here?" He sighed, tossing the rag aside. "I need you to stay here...with me. You can't go home, okay? You just can't."

As Seth and Roman took a walk through the abandoned corridors of the backstage area, Seth ran his fingers through his hair. He'd admit that keeping Tia quiet was a good idea, but the way he went about it was totally wrong. What will happen when Tia wakes up? How is she going to feel about them now?
He stopped in his tracks making Roman turn to him. "I'm fine," Seth assured. "Just go ahead."
Raising one of his eyebrows at his friend, Roman turned and disappeared down the hall.
Seth would just explain what really happen to Tia. He'd tell her that it was all Dean's fault, that he didn't have anything to do with it. That may be just the thing to break those two apart.
His thinking made him frown a little. Normally, he'd leave the girls Dean picked up alone, especially since he didn't have time for dating because his career was more important. But Tia wasn't just some random chick Dean came home with from the bar. She was unique, she was special and she was his. He'd be damned if he lost to Dean.