XX

Roman pulled the car over, giving Tia the chance to open the door and stumble out onto the ground.
"Tia!" Dean shouted but Tia kept crawling away, luckily not out onto the road.
She felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and lift her up. She thrashed around as Dean half dragged her backwards, no doubt towards the car. He stopped and Tia wondered why.
"Oh, shit," he muttered.
"Dean, hurry! Get her back in the car!" she heard Seth yell.
Dean tossed her into the backseat and slammed the car door behind him, smushing Tia's face into his lap.
"Say anything and I'll knock you out again," Dean threatened.
"Can I help you, officer?" Roman asked making Tia tense, trying to pull her face away from Dean's leg.
He dug his fingers into her skull in warning.
"License and registration, please," the officer replied.
"Hi, officer," Dean greeted.
"Here you go," Roman said.
"Alright," the officer said. "Want to explain to me what was going on with this young lady?"
"Car sickness," Dean answered smoothly. "Happens a lot, especially on road trips."
"It looked like she was trying to fight you off," the officer told him.
Dean sighed. "Yeah. She didn't want to get back in the car, but we need to get to Laredo for our job so she kinda doesn't have a choice."
"Is this true, young lady?"
Tia nodded into Dean's leg and held her stomach to make the story more true if the officer still didn't believe it.
"All right," the officer said. "You guys have a good night."
"Thanks," the guys said in unison before Roman started to drive again.

Mrs. Martin frowned.
"What is it?" Mr. Martin asked his wife.
Mrs. Martin shook her head. "I don't know, but something doesn't feel right." She took a deep breath and leaned back in her seat. "We really need to hurry up and find her. I don't know what it is but there's something in my gut that's telling me Tia's not okay."
"What, you think she might be dead?" Mr. Martin questioned, his Adam's apple bobbing as he nervously swallowed.
Mrs. Martin shook her head. "Not dead, just not safe. I really can't explain the feeling."
Mrs. Martin didn't understand, but her instincts were telling her that Tia was somewhere on her way to Laredo, scared and hungry and missing home. She was only a child. Why would three grown men mess with a 16-year-old they knew nothing about? She didn't know the answer, she may never know the answer, but what she did know was that by the end of this heist, she would probably be spending some time behind bars instead.