10

-Ella-

Soon enough, Friday came, which means my date with Harry is today. I asked him what I should wear and he said something casual so I picked out my outfit when I got home from school.

I picked out a purple sundress, a light wash denim jacket to go over and sandals. I took a shower when I got home just in case I smelled bad. I left my hair natural and pinned back the front sections.

I put in hoop earrings and left my makeup natural. I smile at myself in the mirror and pick up my phone to look at the time. 5pm, perfect.

Harry said he'll pick me up at 5:30 so I have thirty minutes to spare. I walk downstairs with my phone in my hand and jump onto the couch. I grab the remote and click the tv on.

I then scroll to my recordings and start to catch up on The Vampire Dairies.

Exactly 30 minutes later the doorbell rings and I suddenly feel nervous. I turn off the tv and try to shake the nervousness out of me. I take a deep breath then open the door with a smile on my face.

"Hello Ella, you look wonderful on this fine evening," he says trying to act all proper. He's wearing a plain black long sleeve t-shirt with jeans and boots, his usual attire.

"Hello Harold, you look magnificent as always," I curtsy which causes him to burst out laughing and soon enough my nervousness is gone and I laugh with him.

He grabs my arm and we walk to his car. He opens the door for me and I smile stepping in. He then runs around to his side and opens the door and steps in himself.

"Alright so here's the plan, we're going to go to dinner first but then after we're going Go Karting!" He happily says.

"Yay! That sounds like fun," I smile back. He seems so happy with himself that he thought of that. He starts the car and we drive into town listening to music and singing along as always.

We stop at a local diner and he parks to the side of the building. He turns off the car and we step out. He wraps his arm around me as we walk inside.

"Hello, how many?"

"Two, please," Harry says to the hostess. She grabs two menus and we follow her to a booth.

"Enjoy!"

"Thanks," I say and we sit next to each other because it's one long booth and tables in between.

The waiter comes over shortly to get our drinks, I order a pepsi and Harry orders a lemonade.

"Okay I'm obsessed with this diner it's so cute," I say looking around.

"Cute?" Harry laughs.

"Yes cute, adorable-"

"Okay that's enough," he puts his hand over my mouth and I laugh. The waiter comes back over with our drinks and we order our food.

"I'll have the burger with fries please."

"Same with me," Harry says and I look at him when the waiter leaves.

"Why you trying to be like me?" I sassily say.

"Well everyone wants to be like you so I should start now," he sarcastically says which causes me to roll my eyes.