12

-Ella-

I never knew that I could have feelings for someone in a short amount of time. I've seen it in movies and in books, but I never thought life worked that way.

I always thought that you had to know them for more than a year, but here I am. I like a boy that I met a month ago. But that boy is dating someone who isn't me.

He's called and texted me numerous times and I haven't answered any. He should've just told me from the start. Told me that he likes someone else and not lead me on, but I guess not every story has a happy ending.

It's Saturday afternoon, I'm sitting on my couch with Addison to my right as we watch tv on my couch. I never really told her I liked him until we had our date. I love Addison,
I do. She's my best friend but what I would really like to have, is a mother by my side helping me through this.

That's what a mother and daughter relationship should be like, helping each other.

"El, your phone's ringing," Addie pulls me out of my thoughts and I reach for my phone.

When I see the caller ID I shake my head, it's him again. I look at Addie and she gives me a soft smile.

"Just try and hear him out, and if it's no good, it's no good," she pats my back and I nod standing up. I walk out to the back porch and answer holding the phone to my ear.

"Hi."

"Ella, I've been calling you for days."

"Yeah well you're not my favorite person on the earth right now," my voice shakes.

"May I please come over? I need to see your face." My heart flutters at the thought.

"Sure Harry."

"Thank you Ella, I'll be over soon." He ends the call and I sigh loudly. I stand up from the chair I slumped in and walk back inside to see Addie who was probably listening to the conversation.

"Call me when he leaves," she hugs me and I nod.

Soon enough when I change and look more presentable then I did, the doorbell rings. I walk over to the front door and open it.

His emerald eyes meeting my chocolate brown ones. I step aside to let him in and I shut the door behind him. We sit on the couch and we both sigh.

"Do you want something to drink?"

"Ella I'm sorry, I really am. I never intended to hurt you I really wanted to do the opposite. I just hate seeing you upset and I want you to be my best friend, because you're really good at that." He shakes his hair to fix it.

"I know Harry, I was just confused. You could've just told me you didn't like me in the first place and not play with my emotions like that."

"I know Ella, I know. I fucked up and I'm sorry, please give me another chance," he grabs my hand and locks gazes with me. I can't help but break a smile.

"Okay you can have another chance, but you have to promise me something."

"What is it?"

"You won't leave me alone."

He takes my hand in his and rubs it, "I'll never leave you alone Ella, I promise." I smile and he wraps me into a bone crushing hug.

"Alright, I don't wanna die today," I chuckle and he unwraps me from his hug. He shifts uncomfortably and looks at me and opens his mouth to say something but quickly shuts it and sighs.

"I have to go, but I'll text you later," he gets up and walks to the front door and stops.

"I'm sorry Ella, I really am."

"It's fine Harry," I half lie and he walks out the door. I wonder if Harrys girlfriend knows the real him, or just his label.

I shrug it off and walk up to my room and sit on my bed and run my fingers through my hair. I just don't understand why he did what he did, but all I care about is his happiness so I'll roll with it.

For now I need to worry about my future and my plans for college. The school year is nearly over and I still don't know what I'm gonna do once I graduate. I was leaning towards photography but I'm not 100% sure. All I know is that maybe if I don't know what I wanna do I can take the next year off and apply next year so I have time to think.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Addison knows where she's going and what she's going for. She's going to NYC to be a fashion designer and she wants me to move out there with her, who knows, maybe I will.

Harry doesn't know what he wants to do either.
He should pursue his singing career because he's really talented and he said he might. College is defiantly a stressful obstacle course in your life. College. The name reminds me of my sister who up and left me like my parents. God why can't I just have a normal relationship with my family?

I really do hate them, but I need them. Everyone needs a family to lean on for support, advice and just life in general, but I've got no one. Yay me.

Harry told me I should try to contact them but what's the point? They'll just ask how school is, they don't care about me. I wish they did though.

I haven't updated in a while.... Whoops! Life has been busy and stressful, I'm really sorry! Like I've said I know where I wanna take this story but idk how to get there so I'm stuck. If anyone has ideas feel free to comment because I have writers block. LOVE YOU ALL!!! XOXO, Mel.