13

-Ella-

"Please, I know it's early to ask you but I really want you to come," Harry pleads while we walk to lunch on a Tuesday afternoon. I put my tray down and look at him.

"Fine, I'll come. Just stop whining!" I plug my ears and he laughs.

"Thank you El, I can pick you up."

"Thanks."

Harry has decided he wants us to go mini golfing, with his girlfriend. Yeah yeah, I know. What the hell are you doing Ella? You like him!

I do, but he's my best friend. I'll do it whatever makes him happy.

Harry gets up and walks over to his girlfriend and sits next to her instead. I sigh and turn to Addison who's next to me.

"Why would you agree to go third wheeling with Harry and his girlfriend?" She questions like I'm stupid.

"I just want to make him happy."

"But it's not making you happy."

"Yeah I know, it doesn't matter. I'll see you later," I quickly stand up and leave the cafeteria feeling Harrys gaze on me.

***

"So like what do I wear?" I rumble through my clothes in my closet.

"Anything really, not like it's a date." I turn around to see Addison's face on my laptop screen and she laughs. I groan and pick out clothes. I look at them and nod.

"This will do," I show Addison and she agrees.

"Maybe he doesn't even like this girl and he's trying to get you jealous," Addison says randomly.

"Jealous? No, Harry wouldn't do that. Besides he seems happy so that's all that matters."

"Stop saying that Ella! We all know you say his happiness is all that matters but your feelings matter too. I know for a fact you don't want Harry to be with her."

"Of course I don't, but. I don't care anymore Addison just drop it," I quickly change into ripped skinny jeans, a white tank top and a oversized flannel and call it a day.

A horn beeps outside indicating Harry is here.

"I'll talk to you later Addison."

"Alright, try not to kill anyone tonight. Have fun babes," she smiles and we hang up. I quickly grab my phone and purse and put on my combat boots.

I hurry downstairs and out to his car. I take a deep breath and open the car door seeing his girlfriend is already in the car.

I awkwardly sit in the back.

"Ella, this is Alyssa. Alyssa, this is my best friend Ella," he introduces us.

"Hi it's nice to meet you," I say and I shake her hand.

"You too," she says back and shakes my hand then faces back front.

Then the silence begins, well my silence. They talk and laugh. Why did I agree to go?

***

We've been here for about 30 minutes and I already want to leave. I lost track of how many times Alyssa has hit her ball on the water and Harry has to get it for her.

She's acting dumb on purpose so Harry can make the moves on her. First she acted like she's never been mini golfing before, now she doesn't know how to hit the ball.

I was the third person to go so they basically just move on to the next course while I'm still playing. Not to brag or anything but I've gotten four hole in one's out of six, but whose counting?