The truth

Weeks had passed since I had met Blake and I still hadn't told him. I was dying inside, every time I looked at him I just wanted to word vomit.

We had become closer over the last 2 weeks, I was even comfortable kissing him frequently now. The bet still hadn't been brought up, he was probably waiting to see what I was gonna do. I was starting to become complacent being here and sometimes I was even happy. I only stayed here on the weekend so my dad didn't become too suspicious. If only he knew that my dad would understand.

I had met many pack members and I was often called Luna causing me discomfort. I was nearly 17 and not used to people holding me at such a respective position. I was supposed to be like a mother to these people, but how could I without one of my own? I still hadn't met Blake's parents and I really wanted to so his mother could teach me what being a Luna was all about.

"Blake, when can I meet your parents? It's been a couple weeks since I've been coming here and I still haven't introduced myself." I asked when Blake and I had woken up. He was drawing circles in my back when I felt him tense up. "Umm, I'll uh talk to my dad and set up a dinner soon okay?" I smiled at him and pecked his lips.

Blake still hadn't marked me, and I could tell he really wanted to every time we'd makeout because his teeth would graze my neck but I always pushed him away. I didn't want the marking to affect my decision on whether I stayed. I knew it would make me feel stronger for Blake and I wasn't sure I could leave after feeling like that.

I slipped out of our bed and quickly ran for the shower since it was freezing in the pack house. Apparently most werewolves are always warm, oh how I wished I had that trait. Blake tried to turn up the heat in our room a little for me but as long as I was near him I was warm enough.

I sang my heart out in the shower to my favorite panic at the disco song Hallelujah, and when I got out I heard Blake singing along. His voice was absolutely horrible in the most hilarious way. I tried to hold back my laughter but failed as I stepped out of the bathroom.

"What are you laughing at Princess?" Blake asked frowning. I giggled and wrapped my arms around him kissing his cheek. "Oh nothing babe, I just love your voice is all," I said winking and ran down stairs giggling even more. 

I had started cooking the pack house breakfast because I loved cooking so much. It was hard making food for almost 80 hungry teenage werewolves, but I managed with help from Esmay.

I had finally gotten to know most of the pack mates on a first name basis and even became friends with some of the girls. Other girls I could tell didn't seem too happy that I was mated to Blake but I just ignored those jealous bitches.

"Breakfast is ready!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and took a seat next to Esmay at one of the many dining tables. At our table sat Blake, at the head of the table, me next to him on his left, Esmay next to me, and her mate Daniel next to her, on the right side of Blake sat Zach, and Megan next to him, and Blake's third in command Eric next to her. At the other head of the table sat Blake's best warrior Marco. Marco looked at me rather inappropriate sometimes but I kept my mouth shut not wanting to ruin his relationship with Blake.

This was our normal routine every morning. Breakfast all together, then the boys would go do pack stuff, leaving me to do stuff with Megs and Esmay. I would usually help clean up the place because I hate messes, and then we'd go do something fun. Today Megan and Esmay had agreed to teach me to fight and defend myself. I was so excited!

"Now, a transformed werewolf is much stronger than you are," Esmay started, "so you're going to have to use speed and blocking rather than strength. And always, I repeat always have a knife with you." The first lesson was knife throwing which I for some reason was pretty good at. I hadn't hit the bullseye yet, but Megan said that with a couple weeks practice I should be a pro.

Next was hand to hand combat incase I ever got into a fight with someone who wasn't a werewolf or hadn't changed yet. I was still more than likely going to be weaker than the attacker, so they taught me all sorts of blocking techniques and how to outwit my opponent. Megan was going easy on me and every thing she did still hurt immensely. I could tell I would have bruises all over my body.

After that Esmay was called to go talk with her father and Blake about the new strategy for defending our territory from attacks. "You guys finish the lessons for today and we'll continue tomorrow," Esmay said quickly leaving in a hurry.

"Alright, we have one final lesson for today," Megan instructed, "fighting off a transformed wolf." She wouldn't use her claws or teeth today, she just wanted me to learn how to stay upright when a wolf pounced on me. "If a wolf gets you under them, you're more then likely dead," Megan explained, "now don't get frightened when I shift."

This was the first time I had seen a werewolf shift, and I was slightly nervous. Megan crouched down and after I heard some crunching, a beautiful brown wolf was in front of me. Her wolf was huge, almost as tall as me.

"Hello Sarah, I am Megan's wolf Jasmine, are you ready to begin?" I heard the question filter into my head and I tensed up. How did she know I could hear her? "I'm ready." I stated quietly. Jasmine sprinted towards me, and fear instilled in me. That was when my greatest secret became known to Megan.