Luna learning

"I have to go to a meeting" I felt Blake whisper against my forehead in the morning, "I love you." He kissed my temple and I smiled. "Love you too." I yawned, and smiled some more thinking about yesterday. I traced the mark on my neck again for now the 30th time since yesterday. It was so beautiful and I loved having a better connection with Blake.

I went to go take a shower humming along to Uma Thurman. I decided to change into a light, pastel pink dress after my shower. Today felt like a good day, and I wanted my mood to show it.

"Good morning!" I squealed to Esmay after hopping down the steps. "Someone's awfully chipper today, aren't we?" She asked smiling. I went over to the fresh vase of flowers and smelled them lightly. "Everything's just so lovely!" I said skipping around Esmay, and looping my arm through hers. "Woah there, slow down," she said laughing, "some of us just woke up, sunshine." I laughed along too and sat next to her on the sofa.

"Do you know what this meetings about today?" I asked sipping some coffee. "Oh you know, same old, protecting our pack, making alliances, they always talk about the same things." She explained flipping through a magazine. "Well, don't you think I should start going? I will be the Luna of this pack eventually." 

"This meeting is just between Blake and my father. He said it was important that they speak alone though, I don't know why." Hmm, it's strange that he specified that. "I'm going to my first lesson on how to control my powers today!" I exclaimed suddenly more excited. "She's going to teach me so much I can't wait!"

"Yay that's great, I can't wait to see what you learn!" Esmay said getting up again from the couch, "Well I've got to go help with training the younglings so I'll see you later!"

Now with Esmay gone and almost 2 hours until Esmarelda was coming here I didn't know what to do. I decided to go see Clair and Issy since I hadn't seen them in a few days.

Stepping up to the door I knocked firmly, excited to see the vibrant little girl and Luna. "Hello?" I heard as the door opened. Clair's face lite up as her eyes landed on me, "oh Sarah! How good to see you!" She gave me a friendly hug and held the door open for me to come inside. "What brings you here sweetie?"

"Well, I missed little Issy, and I actually wanted to talk to you about being a Luna." She smiled, and patted the seat next to her on the sofa, "well, Issy is at training, but I would love to answer any questions you have."

"Thank you so much, what is it like, being the Luna of the pack?" I wondered. "I think that the hardest thing..." She paused, "it's the expectations. That you will be the perfect house wife, perfect mother, strong, dependable, loving, and beautiful. The Alpha has expectations, but if you speak wrongly to him he'll kill you. As Luna you have to be the approachable one of your duo. It's hard, I'm not going to lie, but you will love it and this pack without falter. We all stand behind you." She grabbed my hand and gave it a light squeeze.

"I'm nervous," I spoke, "so many eyes looking up to you, to tell them what to do. You have been such an amazing Luna to them, and I just don't want to let anyone down. Especially Blake." I felt tears come to my eyes. This isn't the first time I had felt this fear of being Luna, but it was the first time I had expressed it to anyone.

"Sarah, Blake loves you. I can see the fire in you that I once had, you're not afraid to speak your mind. Don't ever lose that, because with it, I believe you could be unstoppable. You're stronger than you think, and way stronger than others will believe."

"Thank you so much Clair, you've helped me feel more confident about my position in this pack." I gave her another hug, feeling a mother like bound I haven't felt in years. "Isabelle should be home soon if you want to wait here." She said after our hug. "I'll wait, I have a while until my training starts."

Clair left for the kitchen to make Isabelle lunch for when she gets home. I heard the door open and saw the adorable little girl come in. "Hi Issy!" I said enthusiastically. "Sarahhhhh!!!" She screamed running up to me and hugging around my legs. I picked her up and gave her a tight squeeze. She was so adorable and cheerful, she could brighten anyone's day.

"How are you doing munchkin?" I asked pinching her cheek. "I'm doing great! Guess what, I just learned how to tackle! I'm gonna be strong like you some day!" She said putting her arm in a muscular shape.

"Isabelle lunch is ready" Clair called from the kitchen. "Okay mommy."

"Sarah you're welcome to stay if you wish, I can make you something to eat too." Clair said as we walked into the kitchen. "Oh no, it's okay, i really should go warm up before Esmarelda comes, but thank you for the offer. Have a great day!" I called leaving the house.

Today's been such a great day, nothing could bring me down.