24

Jack POV

I watched Astrid typing on her phone across the table. I had been observing people extra carefully lately. The "Black Widow" could be anyone. Probably Scarlett Johansson. Good one Jack.

As she stopped typing my phone buzzed in my pocket. But not my cover phone.

Hey Cutie,
I know you have some unanswered questions. You know I have the answers. I would like to meet with you. Alone. None of your little girlfriends. If you tell anybody about this meeting it is off and you won't make it through the night.

At 7:30 go to 32 Baltimore Avenue. If you are late I will not wait for you. Be there or else.

-Black Widow.

P.S. Suit up.

I had no idea how she got my number but I knew if I didn't do this I would regret it, that is if I lived long enough to.

After school I went home and told my friends that I had a suspect. That was all I told them about it. Merida said she had one too but didn't want to jump to any conclusions. Hiccup and Punzie being curious, demanded her suspect.

"Astrid." She said. Hiccup looked angry but he kept it to himself.

"Why?" Hiccup asked.

"When we were talking, she said to keep my stupid white haired friend away from her." Merida explained.

"I take offense to that! She came onto me! Wait,that means I kissed Astrid! EWWWWWW" I started wiping my tongue with my hands.

"Woah you guys used tongue?" Punzie asked curiously. I shook my head vigorously making my friends laugh.

"It was just a dramatic choice!" I screamed. They all made kiss faces. I groaned and stomped up the stairs.

I started searching through my closet for a suit. I found a black one and chose a dark tie. I looked at the time. 4:45. I had an hour before I would have to get dressed. Punzie and Hiccup had gone to the Arendelles. Merida was in the training room. I decided to play a video game. The directors had left a pile of choices in case I got bored.

I played Call of duty for a while. When I looked at the time it was 6:15. That meant I gad to get ready. I showered, dried off and got dressed in a half hour. That just left getting out of the house without running into Merida.

I got my hand on the door knob of the front door when a thick Scottish accent asked, "Where are you off to? "

"I'm just going out for a bit. I'll see you later." I ran out of the door before she could say anything else. I got to my car and drove around the corner. Than I programmed the GPS on my phone with the provided address. Twenty minutes later I was at a fancy resturant. I went inside and the host looked at me.

"I think I have a reservation. " I said awkwardly. He looked me up and down before nodding.

" Mr Frost. Right this way. " I followed him to a room where a beautiful girl was waiting. 'Black Widow' was wearing a tight black dress with her dark brown hair curled. A mask still covered half of her face.

"Jack! 10 minutes early, I'm impressed." She smirked. She stood up and I got to see how short the dress was. She walked over and kissed my cheek before waving the host out of the room. We both sat down and I stared at her.

"Take a picture. It will last longer. " She smirked.

"Let's just get this over with. Tell me what you know." I snapped. She shook her head.

"Someone's a little eager. How about we order first? " I could feel my cheeks heat up.

"I didn't bring any money."

"Relax prince charming. It's my treat." She chuckled. I nodded and chose an item as a waiter walled in.

"Anything to drink?" He asked. I started to open my mouth but was cut off.

"Two glasses of your finest wine please." She winked at him. He left the room.

"But I'm underage!" I protested.

"So am I." She smirked. I decided to just roll with it. When the waiter came back with two glasses of wine, we ordered our meals. She immediately started drinking. I still felt unsure. She groaned.

"Just drink. It takes the edge off." I followed her orders.

"Now can we please talk?" I asked. She sighed but nodded. "What did you mean by look who I'm working for?"

"I mean your employers are keeping their true intentions from you. You don't know what's on that chip you're looking for." She explained taking another swig of wine.

"Why are you doing all of this? Buying me dinner, giving me answers..."

"Because I think you're cute and it was the only way to get a date with you." She winked and I could feel my cheeks get hot.